Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Errors for my windows update and windows live messenger update

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Konos86

Konos86

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 19 April 2009 - 10:08 AM

Hello,

I beg to anyone who can help me out.

My computer simply wont download any windows update program. If I try to go the windows upgrade website, and actually find the program I need, i click on the "DONWLOAD" button, however before the software downloads the webpage goes blank and it tells me that i have and internet connection problem, when its working fine and at top speed. I tried using IE, Firefox and its the same thing.

Ive read in other forums that I need the windows updates to install the new windows live messenger, but I cant download any upgrade form the windows upgrade website. The disconnection or offline blank page appears every time I click any DOWNLOAD button.

I know that the page isnt being blocked by my AVAST anti-virus program.

Secondly when i log to MSN and click the link to get the windows live update. I get the installation menu and it starts downloading, but it always stops around 46% and tells the same error: 0x80004004. When i click the link that takes you to the solution problem in g live website, guess what???. I cant open the webpage because my it says that the page cant be opened due to my Internet connectionĦĦĦĦĦĦĦĦ

I dont know if its because of a configurated program in my computer that keeps blocking me or if its something else.

I appreciate anyone who can help me out with mi problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DazzaH2

DazzaH2

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 20 April 2009 - 07:06 PM

update error try here- click here since you never posted your operating system the link is for Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003,Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008
if that works try downloading again
Windows Vista SP1/AVG 8.5/Malwarebytes' anti-malware/Firefox3.0.2/IE7/office 2007/live messenger 2009

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users