Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

crazy keyboar/usb problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wordmaster

wordmaster

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 19 April 2009 - 08:10 AM

Hi Y'all,

I have a powered 7 port USB hub on my computer. The only things plugged in are an external IDE drive and a cord that I can use to hook up my Blackberry on rare occasions.

My keyboard is not USB, it is PS2, but I have noticed that with the USB hub powered up, the lights are lit on my keyboard with all power to the computer turned off. I have a master power board and when I turn my computer off, I hit the kill switch on the board and all power to the computer is dead. The USB hub however, is plugged in elsewhere and remains powered.

When I start the computer, my keyboard is locked up and does not work. If I unplug the power to the USB port, the keyboard works fine.

The OS is not involved here but I am running an ASUS M2N68-VM mb. with and AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ CPU in an Antec full tower Dragon type case.

Does anyone have any idea what is causing this feedback from the external powered hub to the PS2 keyboard port? And more importantly, how to fix it? Any and all help greatly appreciated. One other thing, I have had this hub for a few months and all worked fine until the other day, and I have added no new hardware.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 21 April 2009 - 05:53 PM

You could try a PS/2 to USB adapter. Not sure what caused the problem but this may solve it.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users