Thanks for the replies. Very helpful!!
I had already come up with a rough list of what I want, before I read your replies. It seems like I kinda had the right idea with most of the components.
I have copied this from my "favourites" list on the website I am buying from (aria.co.uk), and put notes next to some of the items which reflects my understanding:Thermaltake Tsunami - Black, Window Side Panel
- Standard ATX compatible I believeCorsair 4GB PC2-6400 C5 DHX (2x2GB)
- Enough for my needs, upgrade later. Sticking to DDR2.Nexus 80mm Fan Filter
- Ignore this, it's for the side fan on the case.Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz (Retail 775)
- With this I really don't have much of an idea, it just looked right.HP dvd1060i 20x DVDRW/RAM Black SATA
- Standard? Not that important. As long as it can write.1TB Samsung Spinpoint F1 SATA2 7200RPM 32MB cache
- Might be too large but oh well. Better to have 2x 500GB maybe?Asus P5Q iP45 Socket 775 Motherboard
- Similar to the CPU, I don't know much.600w Thermaltake ToughPower Power Supply Retail
- Again, not too sure what wattage to go for. Heard this was about right? I have seen a similar OCZ.nVidia GeForce 9600GT 1 GB PCI-E
Does it not matter if the GFX card says DDR3 in the description? I'm guessing it's separate to the main RAM?
I take it from the links you sent that I shouldn't use nVidia ?
And yes, UK.
My budget of £700 = $1018 But I'd like to not reach that if possible.
Thanks very much for your help, much appreciated...EDIT:
Current Price: £604.65
Edited by Om1d, 20 April 2009 - 12:14 PM.