Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows xp - Cant fix problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bullchai

bullchai

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 PM

Posted 19 April 2009 - 04:03 AM

Hi im having to log on here on my daugters computer as i cant get past the first window on my xp. When loggin onto the internet i can get first page on this site or goggle etc, then my screen freezes. I have had a error message come on as i started computer it read hpqthb08.exe error. How do i fix this if i cant get onto you to download help. uuuurrrrrgggghhhh : :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 19 April 2009 - 04:28 AM

:flowers:

Can you Boot the other one into Safe Mode?

Start it up and keep tapping F8 key, then select Safe Mode.

That would be a Great start.

Post back.

:thumbsup:

#3 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2009 - 04:36 AM

That file is for HP Imaging and you should be able to stop it from loading on startup. You should look in the HP Imaging software and see if there is a place in preferences to stop it from starting on startup. When I cannot find a setting in the program itself to keep it from starting on startup, I use a program called Spybot to control startup programs. If you have that program on your computer just set it to advanced view and then click on startup and uncheck the box for that program. Many use a program called Autoruns to control startup programs. If you don't have those programs and cannot download them, try downloading them on another computer and burning them to a cd or saving them on a flash drive and then installing them on the affected computer from that. If you cannot do any of those things, you could also uncheck the box in msconfig startup section to stop it from loading, although it is really not recommended to use msconfig to manage startup items.

I do not know if that error is related to your computer freezeing but if you can stop it from running on startup and the freezing stops, then you will know it was.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users