Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP 64x Edition

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lanscader

Lanscader

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 19 June 2005 - 06:34 PM

I was considering buying XP 64 bit edition (I do have a 64 bit system), but I know that there is a lot of hardware without 64 bit drivers. I just wanted to get some expert opinions on this matter, and find out if anyone knows when or if most companies will make 64 bit drivers. I have also heard that it is very fast on 64 bit systems, and fast is what I like... :thumbsup:

"Sir Lord Baron von Vader-han?" ~ Eddie Izzard

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PapaSmurf88

PapaSmurf88

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 19 June 2005 - 07:22 PM

In my opinion wait on windows XP 64. My friend has a 64 bit system with XP 64 and it acctually made the system run slower. This was because all the apps out right now (well atleast 90% of them) run only in 32 bit. So Xp 64 has to convert them over to 64 bit and that takes up more cpu power and memory. So if it was me I wouldnt get XP 64 til they make more 64 bit apps. Regular XP wont utilize all the Proccesing power of your 64 bit proccesor but when you use programs they will run better.
My Specs:

Albatron PX915P4C Pro
Intel P4 3.0 Ghz Processor w/ HT technology
2x 512MB PC3200 Memory
120 GB Western Digital IDE HD
SAPPHIRE X550 256Mb Video Card

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users