Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB flash not recognised!!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 kazcheff

kazcheff

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 PM

Posted 19 April 2009 - 12:08 AM

I picked up a Dell Optiplex GX270 "off lease" with no OS. Intsallation of XP Pro with SP 1& 2 went fine. All the Dell drivers installed fine the systen was fast and very functional. Normal updates went fine, SP 3 & Office XP SP was installed with no probs. A Trojan from "Funny or DIE.com" was detected and deleted by Windows defender and AVG.

After the clean-up I could not use any of my usb flash drives in this specific machine. They work everywhere else!!

I have uninstalled everything connected to the USB root Hub, printers etc ( all usb), allowed the re-installs and no luck with the USB Flash drives. They install but are not accessable with any applications or through the win explorer/ my computer. The OS will even tell me what the drive name is and that the "hardware is installed and ready for use".

I have done a complete re-install of Win XP Pro/ all Dell Drivers and the printer, scanner, and a 125GB external drive; All are working fine; no USB flash drives will work?

A friend said there was an issue with a "chipset"??

Any Ideaas on a solution??

Thanks!! :thumbsup:
Never Slap A Man In The Face When He's Chewin' Tobacco.
Will Rogers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users