Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sp2 causes HD crash Heeelp!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 amiroooo

amiroooo

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 PM

Posted 19 June 2005 - 06:03 PM

i was using windows xp sp1 and both Hds which i have were working fine
i updated it to sp2 then one of the HDs doesnt work anymore
i get message tell me that it corrupted, i uninstalled sp2 then it return work fine
does anyone knows the reason for this problem
i have to update the windows to be more secure
plz help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 19 June 2005 - 09:19 PM

Not sure if there are separate issues with two hard drives, but usually when SP2 causes problems, it's because there's still some malware on the system. Also, make sure any antivirus program you have is turned off while installing SP2.

#3 Dvyain

Dvyain

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2005 - 11:49 PM

If the problem is extremely persistant, I would run an fdisk to eliminate data allocation issues, and then do a format and install on xp. Then install sp2 TOP PRIORITY after the windows reinstall.

#4 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2005 - 12:17 AM

the minimum you have to wait for sp2 when reinstalling xp is at least a day, however if you visit the actualy windows update site in internet explorer you can make sure you get a copy that same day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users