Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

E:\ Aplication Not Found

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 WhiteWood

WhiteWood

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 AM

Posted 18 April 2009 - 04:36 PM

Hey. I have a Maxtor One Touch external HD. Whenever I plug it up to ANY comp, no matter the USB socket I plug it into, it shows up in the E:\ drive, which, from my understanding, is supposed to be reserved for disc... Right?

Anywho, under 'My Computer', when I double click the drive to open it, I get the error message:
"E:\ Application Not Found"
This isn't allowing for me to put a shortcut on my desktop either.
The workaround that I've discovered is I have to click the name of the drive in the left panel of the 'My Computer' window and it will show up in the main window. But that's annoying me now. I want it back regular.

It was formally drive G. What do I do? (Thanx in advance)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 AM

Posted 18 April 2009 - 05:28 PM

When you connect external drive, or usb stick, windows assigns next available drive letter.
If you have E: as DVD drive, then next available letter is G:

It appears the your drive is using Autorun feature to execute an application but it is either not present or the file being executed has no file association in Windows XP.

You may also want to scan your external hard drive using antivirus or antimalwares.
You may also try to find out Autorun.inf file inside the external drive and rename it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users