Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My computer isnt bringin up menus and is slow

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 meesha1987

meesha1987

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 PM

Posted 18 April 2009 - 01:59 PM

Hi, my computer has been having some problems bringing things up. It will not let me open my calculator when I click on it, and when I exit out of Microsoft Word, it does not ask me if I want to save my work even tho I had not saved it at all from the beginning of the project, it just closed. It also will not let me click on the properties link when I want to change my printer settings and I could not even bring up the printing menu unless I use "control p". I also tried to highlight and copy a part of my homework assignment, and when I right clicked, it would not bring up that little menu where it gives you the option of copying, pasting, etc. I could only copy what I highlighed after doing the keyboard controls for it. This morning I tried to update my itunes account and buy some music, but when I told itunes to buy something, it would but then my computer told me that the file in my computer could not be found and therefore it could not transfer it to my ipod. Because of that I wanted to restart my computer, so I told the itunes update to stop, but instead it froze up and when I did the "control, alt, delete" thing to bring up my task manager, it would not let the task manager start. I then tried to shut down my laptop by holding down the power button, but it instead went into standby mode with the power button still lit, so when I pushed the power button, it just woke up the computer and brought me back to my desktop with the itunes update still frozen for about another 10 minutes until I could finally close it. My computer has also been slower and doesnt respond to me unless I have clicked on it about 3 times. oh, btw, my laptop has a windows vista operating system, and my computer is just over a year old. I have ca security systems as my anti-virus system and it updates everyday and it did not find anything when I did a virus sweep. Thank you for any help or direction you can give.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users