Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SUPERAntiSpyware load Perfect Keylogger?/MOVED

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 confusingstuff

confusingstuff

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:45 AM

I was doing some research and downloaded SuperAntiSpyware from blazing tools. I downloaded the free version.
A day or so later I downloaded and purchased NoAdware v5.0. Every other time or so that I run NoAdware it finds Pefect Keylogger.

I delete it which is says it does. I was always shutting down my laptop at night and restarting it which I understand can be an issue so I left it on this time. I ran the scan this morning and it found nothing. I decided (just now)to run SuperAntiSpyware just before I ran the NoAdware again and Perfect KeyLogger appeared again. I did not shut down since I ran the NoAdware scan this morning.

I am wondering if it is possible that they put the perfect keylogger in their SuperAntiSpyware? I would just love it gone and am wondering if I am unintentionally doing this to myself.

Any other suggestions if my logic is wrong?

Thanks

Edited by garmanma, 18 April 2009 - 04:05 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,094 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 18 April 2009 - 11:33 AM

NoAdware is a rogue scamware junk program. I am being nice. See info in link below.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/uninstall/...dware-v5.0.html

You should always download programs such as Super Antispyware (great program) from the source/home whenever
possible.
This will prevent you from getting malware along with the legit download.
SAS link:
http://www.superantispyware.com/

Suggest you uninstall NoAdware and run a full scan with SAS in safe mode.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 confusingstuff

confusingstuff
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2009 - 11:40 AM

Wow, guess I had it backwards then. I guess I will check those links and ask for a refund.

Thanks

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,094 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 18 April 2009 - 11:53 AM

The site you said you downloaded from sells Perfect Keylogger. Don't know if it just a coincidence or not.

Here is a list of files that the perfect keylogger would have on your computer. If you find you have several or all
of these then I would think the perfect keylogger is there.
Otherwise, I would think it was a false alert from NoAdware.

Perfect Keylogger Manual Removal:
Follow these steps to remove Perfect Keylogger from your machine. Begin by backing up your registry and your system, and/or setting a Restore Point, to prevent trouble if you make a mistake.

1. Kill these running processes with Task Manager:
bpk.exe
bpkr.exe
bpkun.exe
bpkvw.exe
i_bpk2003.exe
lview.exe
rinst.exe
setup.exe

2. Unregister these DLLs with Regsvr32, then reboot:
bpkhk.dll
bpki.dll
bpkwb.dll
bsdhooks.dll
3. Remove these files (if present) with Windows Explorer:
bpk.chm
bpk.exe
bpkhk.dll
bpki.dll
bpkr.exe
bpkun.exe
bpkvw.exe
bpkwb.dll
bsdhooks.dll
downloads.url
inst.bin
i_bpk2003.exe
license.txt
lview.exe
order.url
rinst.exe
setup.exe

Edited by buddy215, 18 April 2009 - 11:55 AM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 confusingstuff

confusingstuff
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2009 - 12:11 PM

Ok just to be safe I uninstalled SuperAnti Spyware and then reinstalled it from the site. I also had downloaded spyware doctor which I also uninstalled.

I am going to run SuperAnti Spyware again and see what happens.

I have never found any of the bpk files or names anywhere I have looked so I am hoping that it was the NoAdware.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users