Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DVD drive not reading

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 codajohn

codajohn

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 PM

Posted 19 June 2005 - 02:28 PM

I have a NEC DVD+RW ND - 6100A. I have used DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink and DVD Clone. Works great! No problems. However, when I went to rip another copy, from a copy, none of the applications read the disk. Properties on the disk read "empty." The disk plays in both DVD player and computer. I have to open the Power DVD application first. I can't click on the drive in My Computer.
Auto play is enabled. There is also an error unable to read video files from D:/
D:/Video_TS.IFO unable to open file
Can I make a rip from a rip? I have always stored download files to be burned at a later date or another copy for a friend.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Dell Inspiron 9100 Laptop, Windows XP Home SP 2, 2.80 gh Pent 4, ST94811A 40.01 GB, External 250 GB Maxtor HD, 2GB Ram, NEC DVD+RW ND-6100A, External LG-5163D, ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9700

IBM ThinkCenter 8189, XP Pro, 3.2gh Pent4, 120gb HD, 1GB Ram, BenqDW 1650 BCIC, Nvidia GeForce FX 5200

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 PM

Posted 21 June 2005 - 11:09 PM

Dear coda,

A lot of the newer DVD burners need a sequence or procedure to play copyrighted DVD's.

You can burn ripped DVD's. It's a little more difficult but can be done. I would check out DVD Decryter's Website forum. They are more lax in their forum policy.

Bleepingcomputer has a policy of not promoting illegal activities and I agree with them.

Thanks,

junkdk :thumbsup:
Your Hardware Guide.

#3 codajohn

codajohn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2005 - 04:55 AM

Thanks
Dell Inspiron 9100 Laptop, Windows XP Home SP 2, 2.80 gh Pent 4, ST94811A 40.01 GB, External 250 GB Maxtor HD, 2GB Ram, NEC DVD+RW ND-6100A, External LG-5163D, ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9700

IBM ThinkCenter 8189, XP Pro, 3.2gh Pent4, 120gb HD, 1GB Ram, BenqDW 1650 BCIC, Nvidia GeForce FX 5200

#4 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2005 - 09:46 AM

Can't you just make an exact copy? You have no need to either decode or "rip" anything. Use Nero or something, set it to DVD and tell it to make an exact copy of the disk.

#5 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 PM

Posted 22 June 2005 - 08:12 PM

Not copyrighted stuff.

If you have an old version of Nero you can. The new Nero 6.0 ultra does not let you or it glitches halfway through.

You know if the movie industry would just sell the movies for around $8.99, I think you would see a huge drop off in piracy.

Let us know,

junkdk :thumbsup:
Your Hardware Guide.

#6 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2005 - 10:39 PM

Odd - I just made a copy of a copyrighted disk today. I used Nero's QuickCopy feature to copy directly from one disk to another. It notified me that it was a copyrighted disk and went right to work. Ever tried to slipstream SP2 into Win XP? How do you do that if you can't copy the disk? As far as I know, it's still legal to make an archive copy of a disk in the US. It's not legal to crack the XP activation.

#7 codajohn

codajohn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2005 - 02:07 PM

I am now using Scuba Pete's suggestions:
http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/petesguide3.html
I'm not using CloneDVD2 at all. The disks are being written in ISO formate using DVD Decrypt. My Power DVD now reads the disk. My DVD Decrypt and Shrink also read the disk. The only thing I haven't tried is burning a copy of a copy using CloneDVD2. Prior to using SP's suggestions, I had gotten an error message saying that an ifo. file was missing. I guess I'll have to give it a try. Waste a disk or us a RW as a test.
I hope this helps.
I wonder if the developers of CloneDVD2 know about this problem.
CJ

Edited by codajohn, 30 June 2005 - 05:39 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users