Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Automatic Power Off Even With Working Battery

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 yacup

yacup

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 18 April 2009 - 04:43 AM

I have at T60 laptop. I believe the laptop is not recognizing the battery when I am plugged in. Whenever I remove my plug, the computer automatically shuts off. I know the battery is not dead because I can turn on the computer without the plug and the computer will run off the battery. Do you know why I cannot switch from AC to battery power?

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 18 April 2009 - 06:40 PM

If you go into control panel, power options, there might be some option for that. I'm not entirely sure though, I don't use laptops very often. Also, I think there are different modes such as power saving mode, balanced, and performance. If you're running in performance mode, try running in balanced or power saving before you unplug the computer.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users