Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

infected virus and VPN is now my Internet default gateway

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Carrie36

Carrie36

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 18 April 2009 - 01:01 AM

Please tell me if I still have viruses or if you can tell me how to make internet the default gateway rather than my VPN

I downloaded spyware 2009 yesterday and ever since I did that, I cannot connect to the Internet without being connected to my VPN (which I use for work) first??? Somehow, the internet default has the wrong gateway connection?

Yesterday I followed these instructions
Run, cmd.....ipconfig

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog
Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log
and then I rebooted my machine....

I think I reset to my installation defaults..... can I un-redo this?

HELP!!!!! :thumbup2:

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blade81

Blade81

Bleepin' Rocker

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,465 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 PM

Posted 24 April 2009 - 06:03 PM

Hi,

Sorry for delayed response. Forums have been really busy. If you still need help with this post a fresh dds log, please.

Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2016-2017

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2008-2015
UNITE member since 2006
unite_blue.png

Provided malware removal related instructions are meant to be used in the correspondent user's case only. If you have similar symptoms create own topic instead of following instructions given to some other, please.

#3 Blade81

Blade81

Bleepin' Rocker

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,465 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 PM

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:29 AM

Due to inactivity, this thread will now be closed. If you need this topic reopened, please contact a Staff member. Include the address of this thread in your request. This applies only to the original topic starter. Should you have a new issue, please start a New Topic.

Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2016-2017

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2008-2015
UNITE member since 2006
unite_blue.png

Provided malware removal related instructions are meant to be used in the correspondent user's case only. If you have similar symptoms create own topic instead of following instructions given to some other, please.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users