Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

lotro or Warhammer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chefnstrike

chefnstrike

• Banned Spammer
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 AM

Posted 17 April 2009 - 11:19 PM

I am currenlty playing wow but i would like to try something else i have an ok computer which would be a better choice. Also could you state some reason for one or the other. thanks for the input

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 17 April 2009 - 11:43 PM

It'd be best to know the specs of your computer. Also, with games these days, it's more or less a trial and error thing. Watch some videos of people playing the games and see if it's to your taste. Or, if you know of some friends who has it, ask them if you can play the game on their computer to demo it (as some games these days have a locking system that won't allow you to multi-install games). Also, with computer specs, make sure that the game you want to get is compatable with your computer.

I can't tell you which is better as I haven't played either game. Even if I did play either of them, I still wouldn't be able to tell you which is better for you. Some people generally will tell you that this or that is better, but not everyone will like the same thing, nor would youi like the same thing others do (I tried to play Street Fighter, but I couldn't get into it; whereas I tried to play Soul Calibur and I really enjoy that game. It's a matter of preference as to what kinds of games you like, what you care about, what you don't care about, etc.)

Also to add, if you don't have any friends that plays either game, you can see if they have any official downloads of a demo of the game that you can install and trial play. That's my best advice.

If you have any questions, you can go ahead and ask.

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

#3 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 18 April 2009 - 07:08 PM

I think Warhammer may be a better choice. I played the beta's for both and thought Warhammer was better. You may not know this, but the idea for warhammer online was thought up before WoW. Some people swear that Blizzard stole the idea for WoW from Warhammer. Then again, you can't be sure if it's true!

I know warhammer is offering a 10-day free trial. I don't know about LOTR though.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users