Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cant find shadowing or caching to disale themin bios setup

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 littlwolf36

littlwolf36

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 19 June 2005 - 12:39 PM

hi im trying to find shadowing and caching to disable them ikn bios setup but cant find them are they under something esle

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2005 - 04:12 PM

What is your motherboard make and model number? If you don't know, download and run EVEREST Home Edition and it will show you.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 littlwolf36

littlwolf36
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2005 - 04:39 PM

hi right now i am unable to connect to the due the bsod error message. i can only get into safemode. is their another way of find the make and model number of the mother board

#4 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2005 - 05:10 PM

Try using Belarc Advisor. It will fit on a floppy so you can make a report on the problem machine.

What is your operating system? If its XP you can boot into safe mode with networking to access the internet.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#5 littlwolf36

littlwolf36
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2005 - 05:25 PM

oki have windows xp and will try to boot into safemode with network

#6 littlwolf36

littlwolf36
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2005 - 05:44 PM

ok i tried to go into safemode with networking but i couldnt access the internet it told me my modem could not be detected

#7 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2005 - 05:57 PM

Belarc should do it. If we can find the manual for your mobo we can figure out the video caching and shadowing. I'm assuming you changed these settings? If you go into the bios you will see near the bottom of one of the screens where you can press F something to restore the bios defaults. That will likely remove the caching you changed if you want to try that.

Edited by Leurgy, 19 June 2005 - 05:58 PM.

#8 littlwolf36

littlwolf36
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2005 - 06:21 PM

okin bios setup it say up top phoenix bios setup ive tried hitting the f5 to restore default but still cant find it cache or shadow

#9 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2005 - 06:33 PM

Did you change the caching and shadowing? If you did and you reset the defaults by pressing F5, the problem should go away.

Why are you looking for those settings? I need some more info about whats going on here.

#10 littlwolf36

littlwolf36
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2005 - 06:44 PM

ok i have been getting a stop error message telling me to disable cache or shadow and also try changing video adapters. the stop error message is oxoooooo7e. and it also telling meto check for adaquate space on te disk which i have done a defrag and i have 85% free space on my memory.

#11 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2005 - 06:56 PM

Open Windows Explorer and highlight the C: drive. Right click and select properties. What does that show for free space?

Have a look at this.

Run Belarc!

Edited by Leurgy, 19 June 2005 - 06:57 PM.

#12 littlwolf36

littlwolf36
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2005 - 07:09 PM

ok did that it said total size 55.8 gb and 47.5 free space

#13 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2005 - 07:15 PM

So space is not your problem. Try the solutions in the link from MS.

Still waiting to see what kind of mobo you have. Also let us know what Belarc says under Video Adapter.

#14 littlwolf36

littlwolf36
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2005 - 07:47 PM

i dont have a way of getting belarc even on a foppy...... i really dont have any idea what youre talking about when you say mobo... what is mobo?

#15 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2005 - 07:53 PM

Mobo = Motherboard.

If your looking for video caching go into the Bios and look for Advanced Bios Setup. Its usually in there. If you can't give us the mobo make and model number we can't get the manual to find out where it is so your just going to have to look around.

Do you have a video card or is it onboard (on the mobo).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users