Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do i recover Post-it/Sticky notes

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lucidolph

Lucidolph

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 PM

Posted 17 April 2009 - 08:05 PM

I have to reformat my Vista HD ...
I have the post-it/sticky notes gadget on.. and had 10notes, all had LOTS of important info on them that i wrote down, loooads of reminders, very very important... I can access the HD, because i can boot from the slave drive, i was wondering if i can get what was written on these notes back ><

it is very important, and i assume it hasn't been asked before... but i really need to know if there's a way, there MUST be... And i cant boot from the vista HD at all...

Pleaaase help

Thanks is advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Lucidolph

Lucidolph
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2009 - 08:55 PM

Sorry i'm sooo impatient, but i only really have like... 12ish Hours, before i'm FORCED to format. And i really can't stand to loes that information....

#3 Lucidolph

Lucidolph
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2009 - 03:52 PM

any ideas? ... at all

I'm never gonna be able to part with my notes... sorry for the bump

#4 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the &quot;Logic Free Zone&quot;, in Md, USA

Posted 18 April 2009 - 04:35 PM

If your computer crashes, then in some rare cases it can cause corruption to the notes registry. To recover lost notes, please open "Documents and Settings" folder, then a folder representing your Windows user name. From that folder, open "Application Data", "TK8 Software", "TK8 EasyNotes" folder, and delete the file named "Handle". After that, you should be able to display all your notes again.

I don't know that this will work. But it's all I could find.
Good luck.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#5 Lucidolph

Lucidolph
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2009 - 06:15 PM

i'm using vista... anddd, i've never come across a 'Documents and Settings' folder... And yes I've searched for hidden folders x]

But that doesn't sound like it could fix my problem anyway... I am, at the moment, backing up my 1Tb HD onto an external 1Tb HD... I can't get onto Vista, at all... fullstop, my notes aren't corrupt, they're fine, it's just that i can't GET to them... Simply because i can't boot from the Vista HD, if i could do that, i could copy the notes to a TXT, and back them up, but i can't... I have full access to the vista PC's HD, so i'm just HOPING that somewhere within the HD is a file, or something, that has everything that i've written on these 'sticky notes' ... so i can get the info back, that's all i need ><

Just the text from all 9-10 Sticky notes... there is NO way of getting back onto vista... HAS to be done through the HD, getting the notes THAT way somehow, and surely the notes MUST save somewhere on the HD, hopefully in a form of which i can easily read, and copy.

But, well... all i can do now is hope...
Thanks for your help anyway, and i'm soo sorry if i misunderstood.
Also sorry for the way i type, my messages, awful, sorry.

Thanks anywayyyy...
If someone else knows where to find the text written onto these notes,
PLEASE... DO TELL ;D

Thanksss everyoneee

EDIT: And I don't THINK my 'sticky notes' were 'TK8 Easy notes' ... not totally sure, but thanks for the help anyway...
This was the sticky notes gadget that came with windows vista ultimate.

Edited by Lucidolph, 19 April 2009 - 06:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users