Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem With USB Devices and CD Drive

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 fearofth3dark

fearofth3dark

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 AM

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:29 PM

First off I'm not very good with computers so I'd like to apologize if this is supposed to be in a different forum.

Lately I have been trying to plug in things to my usb ports such as a flash drive, a usb printer, and a camera. All of these worked on my laptop until recently but now when I plug them in the computer doesn't read them, or show at all that it knows they are there. They all work on other computers though so it's not because of them. But the weird part is my ipod connects fine. Does anyone know what's wrong and how I can fix it.

Also my CD Drive doesn't open when I press the button anymore, I have to use a paperclip in that little pin hole if I want to get it open. Twice within the last week my computer has gone to a blue screen that said something about checking the drivers, and that I should restart my computer. At the bottom is said physical memory dump. I don't know if this is related but I'd appreciate any help I could get.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users