Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Where's my clipboard?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MickinPlymouthUK

MickinPlymouthUK

• Members
  • 664 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 AM

Posted 17 April 2009 - 05:01 PM

Hi, I just watched a news video of soldiers returning to Plymouth and hit "click to save url to clipboard", but I can't find my clipboard and would welcome a reminder of what and where it is, duh..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bicycle bill

bicycle bill

• Banned
  • 339 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 AM

Posted 17 April 2009 - 05:20 PM

I don't think you can see what is in it but here is a link to check out. Why don't you get 101 clipboard? It is really nice.
You can have any number of things saved in it and for free.

http://www.tucows.com/preview/370916

http://www.andyrathbone.com/tips/clipbrd.html

Edited by bicycle bill, 17 April 2009 - 05:31 PM.

#3 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 17 April 2009 - 08:20 PM

If you saved URL to clipboard then you can paste it in address bar of IE or any text field or editing application like Notepad using key combination Ctrl + V. You can also right click and choose Paste.

Clipboard is a volatile memory used basically for temporary storage during editing or easy transfer of data from one application to another. It is overwritten if you copy something else to Clipboard. It is destroyed if you restart computer.

#4 MickinPlymouthUK

MickinPlymouthUK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 664 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 AM

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:06 AM

Right thanks guys, it was the word "clipboard" that threw me, I just tried again and simply saved the url into wordpad, no problem..:thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users