Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please help asap

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 alexscgsnjs

alexscgsnjs

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 AM

Posted 17 April 2009 - 04:24 PM

alrighty first of all thank you to everyone who will try and fix this problem and hopefully succeed in fixing it.

So i start up the computer, its my girlfriends so i don't know what she does on it or where she surfs, it all starts up regularly and than i'm told the trend anti virus has expired.

after this everything start up normally and when i go to access the internet it comes up with an error message as if my internet isn't working and to check my connection.

When i check the wireless hub and internet and everything tried rebooting it all and it works fine for my xbox360.

When i open the network and sharing center it shows "Laptop -> DSL hub -X-> Internet" with an error on the (-X->) section stating "perhaps your router isn't connected properly" there's 3 steps one is to release and renew IP i tried it and it doesnt work like i said i tried checking all the cables and manually rebooting the internet doesnt work and the 3rd is to check my wireless switch is on which it is.

After booting is safe mode with networking i realize it must be some virus/setting ect. and not hardware problems.

Also, when i go to restart, shutdown, or system restore I get a blue screen saying "physical memory dump."

so here i am, i will be running HJT in regular windows since i just downloaded it and wouldn't get an accurate reading in safe mode, but its the only way to access the internet.

On a side note, i used my flash drive to transfer my school files back and fourth to college and when i plugged it in recently it told me i had a virus on it and then it said it "fixed" it.

I'll post my HJT in a moment although im sure the HJT will tell you im running a sony viao windows vista

Edited by alexscgsnjs, 17 April 2009 - 04:25 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Douger

Douger

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 17 April 2009 - 04:34 PM

Alex - this may just be a failure of the wireless card on the computer. You mention your wireless hub, most of those also have a wired ethernet port. Try a cable from the computer to the hub and see if that works.

Doug

#3 alexscgsnjs

alexscgsnjs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2009 - 04:38 PM

hi doug, thank you very much for your response, i have tried not only my wireless but, my friend's wireless, and my college campus wireless, i also tried the Ethernet cable hooked up to my xbox360, that i know works, and my friend's Ethernet cable.

Edited by alexscgsnjs, 17 April 2009 - 04:44 PM.

#4 alexscgsnjs

alexscgsnjs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2009 - 04:44 PM

here is my HiJackThis that i said i'd post.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 5:29:11 PM, on 4/17/2009
Platform: Windows Vista SP1 (WinNT 6.00.1905)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6001.18000)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avgnt.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Update 3\VAIOUpdt.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\Wireless Switch Setting Utility\Switcher.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\UfSeAgnt.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM6\aolsoftware.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.sony.com/vaiopeople
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {ecdee021-0d17-467f-a1ff-c7a115230949} - (no file)
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O2 - BHO: (no name) - MRI_DISABLED - (no file)
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: BitComet ClickCapture - {39F7E362-828A-4B5A-BCAF-5B79BFDFEA60} - C:\Program Files\BitComet\tools\BitCometBHO_1.2.8.7.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avgnt] "C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avgnt.exe" /min
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Aim6] "C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe" /d locale=en-US ee://aol/imApp
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - Global Startup: MRI_DISABLED
O8 - Extra context menu item: &D&ownload &with BitComet - res://C:\Program Files\BitComet\BitComet.exe/AddLink.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: &D&ownload all video with BitComet - res://C:\Program Files\BitComet\BitComet.exe/AddVideo.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: &D&ownload all with BitComet - res://C:\Program Files\BitComet\BitComet.exe/AddAllLink.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Send image to &Bluetooth Device... - C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie_ctx.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Send page to &Bluetooth Device... - C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\npjpi160.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\npjpi160.dll
O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: @btrez.dll,-4015 - {CCA281CA-C863-46ef-9331-5C8D4460577F} - C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @btrez.dll,-12650 - {CCA281CA-C863-46ef-9331-5C8D4460577F} - C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie.htm
O9 - Extra button: BitComet - {D18A0B52-D63C-4ed0-AFC6-C1E3DC1AF43A} - res://C:\Program Files\BitComet\tools\BitCometBHO_1.2.8.7.dll/206 (file missing)
O13 - Gopher Prefix:
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/shoc...ash/swflash.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{E75B49DA-A45C-4BE5-ADB6-6407114BCFE2}: NameServer = 85.255.112.114,85.255.112.115
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: NameServer = 85.255.112.114,85.255.112.115
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: NameServer = 85.255.112.114,85.255.112.115
O18 - Protocol: intu-help-qb1 - {9B0F96C7-2E4B-433E-ABF3-043BA1B54AE3} - C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 2008\HelpAsyncPluggableProtocol.dll
O18 - Protocol: qbwc - {FC598A64-626C-4447-85B8-53150405FD57} - mscoree.dll (file missing)
O23 - Service: Avira AntiVir Scheduler (AntiVirSchedulerService) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\sched.exe
O23 - Service: Avira AntiVir Guard (AntiVirService) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avguard.exe
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Lic NetConnect service (CLTNetCnService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: FLEXnet Licensing Service - Macrovision Europe Ltd. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1150\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: IviRegMgr - InterVideo - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InterVideo\RegMgr\iviRegMgr.exe
O23 - Service: MSCSPTISRV - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\MSCSPTISRV.exe
O23 - Service: PACSPTISVR - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\PACSPTISVR.exe
O23 - Service: ProtexisLicensing - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\PSIService.exe
O23 - Service: QBCFMonitorService - Intuit - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBCFMonitorService.exe
O23 - Service: Intuit QuickBooks FCS (QBFCService) - Intuit Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\FCS\Intuit.QuickBooks.FCS.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Central Control Component (SfCtlCom) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\SfCtlCom.exe
O23 - Service: Sony SPTI Service (SPTISRV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SPTISRV.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Unauthorized Change Prevention Service (TMBMServer) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\BM\TMBMSRV.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Proxy Service (tmproxy) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\TmProxy.exe
O23 - Service: CamMonitor (uCamMonitor) - ArcSoft, Inc. - C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\Magic-i Visual Effects\uCamMonitor.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Entertainment TV Device Arbitration Service - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment Platform\VzCs\VzHardwareResourceManager\VzHardwareResourceManager.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Event Service - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Event Service\VESMgr.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Media Integrated Server (VAIOMediaPlatform-IntegratedServer-AppServer) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Integrated Server\VMISrv.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Media Integrated Server (HTTP) (VAIOMediaPlatform-IntegratedServer-HTTP) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Integrated Server\Platform\SV_Httpd.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Media Integrated Server (UPnP) (VAIOMediaPlatform-IntegratedServer-UPnP) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Integrated Server\Platform\UPnPFramework.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Media Gateway Server (VAIOMediaPlatform-Mobile-Gateway) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Integrated Server\Platform\VmGateway.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Media Content Collection (VAIOMediaPlatform-UCLS-AppServer) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Integrated Server\UCLS.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Media Content Collection (HTTP) (VAIOMediaPlatform-UCLS-HTTP) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Integrated Server\Platform\SV_Httpd.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Media Content Collection (UPnP) (VAIOMediaPlatform-UCLS-UPnP) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Integrated Server\Platform\UPnPFramework.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Content Metadata Intelligent Analyzing Manager (VcmIAlzMgr) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Sony\VCM Intelligent Analyzing Manager\VcmIAlzMgr.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Content Metadata XML Interface (VcmXmlIfHelper) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VcmXml\VcmXmlIfHelper.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Entertainment UPnP Client Adapter (Vcsw) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment Platform\VCSW\VCSW.exe
O23 - Service: Viewpoint Manager Service - Viewpoint Corporation - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Entertainment Database Service (VzCdbSvc) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment Platform\VzCdb\VzCdbSvc.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Entertainment File Import Service (VzFw) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment Platform\VzCdb\VzFw.exe
O23 - Service: Webroot Spy Sweeper Engine (WebrootSpySweeperService) - Webroot Software, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe
O23 - Service: XAudioService - Conexant Systems, Inc. - C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\xaudio.exe

--
End of file - 10198 bytes

#5 Douger

Douger

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 17 April 2009 - 05:02 PM

Alex,

I'm not one of the security pros that are on the forums so I can't speak to any possibly bad entries in here, but the one thing I see that might be the problem is that your default name servers - 85.255.112.114 and 85.255.112.115 don't seem to be online. (I was unable to ping them and a tracert fails at a certain point). If these are static entries then they may be outdated or your ISP is having a problem. I would call them and make sure you have the network settings correct and also check with them about whether they are having any network problems or not.

I'm out of here for the weekend so can only wish you luck at this point.

Doug

#6 alexscgsnjs

alexscgsnjs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:05 PM

well i tried changing static IP to automatically assigned IP and then back to static after automatic didn't work. Im on the same computer right now in "safe mode with networking"
also other computers can connect to my wireless.

i would assume by switching off of static it would fix the default IP issue? which i tried already

i dont know about the settings but my mother and father can both connect to the internet which would suggest the ISP is fine, and if other people can connect wirelessly and through ethernet cable it seems like my personal computer is messed up not the router settings or ISP.

i'm really convinced its a virus or worm or some sort of software changing my settings and restricting internet access. although i could be completely wrong im no IT.

have a good weekend thanks for the entries doug

#7 alexscgsnjs

alexscgsnjs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2009 - 03:47 PM

bump?+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users