Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malwarebytes freezes when I try to run

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rwq

rwq

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 17 April 2009 - 12:19 PM

I am running Windows XP Home Edition with sp3 installed. The computer (my son's) would not turn off properly and when I tried to run adaware, the scan would stall. I also have purchased and run spyware doctor w/antivirus and registry mechanic. After some research on the internet, I downloaded malwarebytes, avg 8.5 and superantispyware. Running malwarebytes in safe mode (I know I shouldn't have done that) the program identified several virtuomonde trojans and removed them. However, when I do a full scan of spyware doctor, adaware or malwarebytes, the scans are slow and ultimately the computer freezes (although not the mouse). If you need more data please advise.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 snowdrop

snowdrop

• Members
  • 513 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 AM

Posted 17 April 2009 - 12:51 PM

Welcom to the forum :thumbsup:

spyware doctor w/antivirus

Do you have this program
http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor-antivirus/

I note you say

I downloaded malwarebytes, avg 8.5 and superantispyware

As AVG 8.0 is an antivirus program .............
Are you aware that this really means you now have TWO antivirus programs on board (Spyware Doctor and AVG 8.0)? Was this your intention ?

This is Registry Mechanic

http://www.pctools.com/registry-mechanic/version7/

You may wish to know that this forum does NOT advocate the running of programs that seem to 'clean 'the registry :flowers:

#3 rwq

rwq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2009 - 01:14 PM

Yes. Spyware Dr. v.6; registry mechanic 8. It was not my intent to run to run two anti-virus programs permanently. However, spyware dr. was freezing when I performed a full system scan. One of the .dll files identified on my computer was vuyumijo.dll and I read in a sptbot forum that when other spyware detectors could not remove that program, avg 8.0 did. The current version of avg is 8.5 so that is what I downloaded and why. I surmised that when the spyware detectors I was using were stalling on full scan mode, that still had a problem.

#4 rwq

rwq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2009 - 08:28 AM

I'm good. Thanks for the help. You can close this thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users