Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

uninstall IE

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 koolkev

koolkev

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 PM

Posted 17 April 2009 - 12:15 PM

I want to uninstall IE 8 as every time I try and use it, it seems awful slow and it freezes and Mozella works so good. I went to the add/remove programs, but IE is not listed......where do i go?......Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2009 - 01:19 PM

Did you check the box on top of the page, in Add/Remove Programs that says Show Windows Updates?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 koolkev

koolkev
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2009 - 04:59 PM

ok i see the box should it be checked or un checked to removeIE and should anything else be checked or unchecked.......Thanks

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,225 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:32 PM

Even without the the Show updates box checked, you should see Windows Internet Explorer 8 listed, have you scrolled right down to the W's?

But why not simply disregard IE8 and go on using Mozilla if you prefer it? Internet Explorer provides some of the functions of Windows itself, whether you use it as your browser or not. So having the most current IE installed is part of keeping Windows up-to-date and could reduce vulnerabilities even when you're using an alternative browser.

Edited by Platypus, 17 April 2009 - 06:36 PM.

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users