Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HIGRADE Laptop

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cartmansdad

cartmansdad

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 17 April 2009 - 11:09 AM

I have a HiGrade laptop not sure of spec, but charger will plug in and charger lights up but laptop wont turn on. Doesnt work with battery or just plugged into mains, no lights on laptop at all

Couild this be a frazzled motherboard or am I looking at it being something internal coming loose like the ram?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 AM

Posted 17 April 2009 - 11:18 AM

could be anything from a bad powersupply/battery to a bad ground/motherboard. what is the model number on it? ive never even heard of the brand higrade.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 AM

Posted 17 April 2009 - 02:23 PM

Try removing the battery and running on AC alone. I have a few HP lappys that like to "burp" like this.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#4 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:11:23 AM

Posted 17 April 2009 - 02:48 PM

"HiGrade laptops" brands are sold in the UK and throughout Europe since before 2001.
(I don't know who the actual manufacture is though. The company says they build to order.)
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users