Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Alot of stuff

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Christoph182

Christoph182

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 AM

Posted 19 June 2005 - 10:45 AM

Hey guys, I was just wondering, when I go into control panel and go to add/remove programs I have alot but I use most of them. But ya the bottom there is 20 of that which I dont even know about. some of them are named "Window XP Hotfix - KB828741" and all the rest are the same except they have different numbers and letters. Do I need these files because I want to get rid of them if I dont need them. ANd I need to know a quick way toget rid of them because there are about 20.

Also when I go into my C drive and go to windows there are alot of folders highlighted in blue named "$NtUninstallKB823182$" samething as above all the files are the same but with different numbers and letters. Do I need these files/??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 AM

Posted 19 June 2005 - 11:24 AM

The kb number files are called hotfixes.
They are what you receive through windows update to patch the various flaws windows has.

The blue files are in your windows folder and that should almost never be touched unless you suspesct a virus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users