Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

warning security report! malware removal??

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Brainbanana

Brainbanana

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 AM

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:06 AM

Hello,

I'm Jon, and I have an infected PC, yadda yadda yadda. Please forgive me, but I am not as spyware savvy as many of you are, I'm sure. My computer just started getting a small white X in a circle in the tray, and a pop up window down there saying: Warning! Security Report. Your Computer is infected! It is recommended to start spyware cleaner tool. When I right click on it, it sends me to an antivirus page, and then does tab afetr tab of crap. I also am getting warnings on my normal browser pages as well, now. I am not clicking on any of them, of course, because it appears to be malware? I run a Windows XP OS. I am not sure if it is NT or not. I am in an office with six different computers on our network. It is wireless internet, with a server running cables to all of our computers. I use Internet Explorer, maybe version 7? I am not the most tech savvy out there, so forgive me if I am being too vague. I have Ad-Aware, Spy-Bot, and I believe we are running Symantec Antivirus, but I think I only have Endpoint protection. Perhaps it is installed on our server, then distributed in our small network? I also noticed that my task manager will not work, and my background photo has been disable on my desktop? Can anyone help me remove this nasty thing?

Thanks for any help-
Jon

(Moderator edit and note: thread moved to more appropriate forum. jgw)

Edited by jgweed, 17 April 2009 - 10:42 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:13 AM

G'day, Jon,

Can you please Post into this Area and be Patient, we are having a very busy time just now?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

Someone will come there to Help you out.

:thumbsup:

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:23 AM

To close out the warning when it pops up, DO NOT RIGHT CLICK ON THE ICON AND DO NOT CLICK ON ANYTHING IN THE BOX. As you have found out, this does not close out the warning.

The recommended way to close it out is to place your cursor on an empty spot in the bottom toolbar.
RIGHT CLICK, and choose Task Manager.

Choose Applications tab. Highlight the entry that corresponds to the warning, then click End Task.

Since you are obviously infected, I'll inform the moderators of your topic in the Bleeping Computer Tidiness forum (which is in Bleeping Computer Announcements, Comments, & Suggestions) and one of them can move it to the appropriate forum. There is no need for you to re-post in Am I Infected? forum.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 17 April 2009 - 10:25 AM.

#4 Brainbanana

Brainbanana
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 AM

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:28 AM

Thank you very much. I am sorry, I thought I was posting in the correct forum, duh. My bad. Thank you for your kind help-

#5 Brainbanana

Brainbanana
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 AM

Posted 17 April 2009 - 01:20 PM

Okay, now when I boot up my computer, it says it cannot connect to my network, so I can't get to the internet from my computer. Of course, it says click here to open my computer, and check on the status of your network drives, but My Computer opens right up anyway. Of course, I can't connect to the internet now, so I have to type this from a different computer on the network. My desktop has now changed from a blank color to a giant warning sign saying my computer is infected with 18 trojans like passcare or some other stuff. I am really in deep doody here. I can't even connect to the internet from my computer to fix it! crud. Unfortunately, I will probably have to get the office manager involved, who will undoubtedly be hot at me for infecting my PC, and, since the PC was built for me by the bosses son, he has no idea how to repair it, and we will probably have to call in someone from a Tech support company around here. Man, I knew this week was going too good. I apologize for wasting people's time here. If I can't get some ideas soon, I'll have to go to the boss, and face the music. yuk. All because I wanted to download the Oregon Trail game for my kids.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users