Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ALL Internet browsers crash apart from IE x64!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 kingblah

kingblah

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 17 April 2009 - 09:56 AM

Hi there! I'm having this REALLY frustrating problem. My computer has just come back from repair, and works fine apart from this really peculiar problem with internet browsers and windows live messenger. Whenever I try to start any internet browser or windows live messenger, the following happens:

Google Chrome: Starts up fine, but crashes as soon as I type in the address bar
IE x86: Doesn't even load, crashes instantly
Firefox: Doesn't load. Crashes instantly.
Safari: Works for a few minutes and then will crash
Windows Live messenger: Crashes instantly
IE x64: What i'm using now, works absolutely fine (apart from the fact that it's internet explorer, and horribly slow)

I tried to install malwarebytes anti-malware to get rid of any possible malware, but I get the following error trying to install it. I have to close the install with CTRL+ALT+DEL because the error infinite loops:

---------------------------
Setup
Access violation at address 89F4C483. Read of address 89F4C483.
OK

I have installed hijackthis though, shall I post a log of it? I'm using Vista Ultimate x64 by the way.

Thanks!! I really hope this really annoying, frustrating and peculiarly random problem can get fixed!

Edited by KoanYorel, 17 April 2009 - 10:37 AM.
//moved from HJT forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users