EDIT: the odd filename is 014108~1.exe....so I edited the whole post to reflect this, but I can't edit thread header. I have also now included a screen shot of the task manager process window.
Tonight I noticed a process that I have never seen before, 014108~8.exe, but it doesn't stay running for very long. It eventually stopped itself I guess and didn't show up again in Task Manager.
I have had issues with Vundo in the past, maybe I didn't resolve it. I have also just installed IE8, and now when I launch IE8 I notice that it takes a long long time to come up compared to the past. That is when I found the file mentioned above.
I have installed and run Malewarebytes, I have installed and run the DDS program and posted down below in the HJT thread the DDS result and attached the attach file. BTW, Malewarebytes hasn't found anything since the initial install about 3 weeks ago or so. I have been updating it.
Here is the screen shot... sorry, don't know how to get the screen shot in here.
Edited by dudewillabide, 17 April 2009 - 01:31 PM.