Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

TuneUp Utilities 2009

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 utopian86

utopian86

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 PM

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:46 PM

Hi

My pc is getting slow even with 2gb of ram.
I wonder if the software above can help out to speed up the pc?
Or is there any other free software that i can use? cause that software will cost $30 to buy it, i would like to save money if possible.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:11:04 PM

Posted 17 April 2009 - 09:00 AM

I rarely purchase programs, but Tune Up Utilities is one I did purchase. I like the program and what it does.
You don't have to purchase it right away. They offer a free fully functional 30 day trial.
My advice is for you to download and install the trial. Use it for a while, see if it helps with your issue.
You can download the trial from here: http://www.tune-up.com/products/tuneup-utilities/

If you decide to purchase the product wait until close to the end of the 30 days. They usually send you an email
offering a discount to entice you to buy it.

Other people may have suggestions for different programs for you try.

Have you deleted the cache? (cookies, temporary internet files, temp files)
Did you defrag?
Look through add remove programs and delete things you don't use much or maybe never use?
When was the last time you ran antimalware scanners?
You should also read this http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/44693/slow-computer/

Edited by Queen-Evie, 17 April 2009 - 09:05 AM.

#3 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,017 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 AM

Posted 17 April 2009 - 09:17 AM

There are a few decent tools out there, I use the MS stuff for the most part. I do have Webroot Window Washer which I have been running for many years and absolutely love it, it does a great cleaning job when I shut down. Like mentioned above do some house cleaning first get rid of as much junk as possible, then run Defrag and Scan Disk. You files get scattered all over the disk over time and will slow you way down, that may bring you up to speed without any extras.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#4 utopian86

utopian86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2009 - 07:40 AM

thanks
i will go tru the steps given.

#5 utopian86

utopian86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2009 - 07:58 AM

Anyone know which startup should i remove?

#6 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,017 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 AM

Posted 19 April 2009 - 08:44 AM

Anyone know which startup should i remove?

Funny you should post that I have been looking at R2 Studios start up delay and am also confused what to do, not being sure might not be in the right place. We need a Smart person for this one!!!

Phil

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#7 utopian86

utopian86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2009 - 12:41 AM

none can help?
the software link was provided by the forum

#8 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 20 April 2009 - 02:03 AM

As for your startup programs, I cannot read them in the thumbnail you provided even after enlarging it, so I cannot advise on any of them. Best thing to do would look for the items in the startup list provided on this site using the tab at the top of the page that says "Startup List". Other than that, just google the items. I use Spybot for controlling my startup programs and it provides item description of many of the items and tells if it is needed on startup, maybe the program you are using has something that will also tell you that.

#9 utopian86

utopian86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2009 - 02:19 AM

thats strange, i can look at it very clearly from the thumbnail

#10 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 20 April 2009 - 02:27 AM

I know, it must be my computer cause I have trouble with a lot of thumbnails that other people do not, yet other thumbnails I can see just fine. I have gotten to the point where I usually do not even try thumbnails but just in case yours was one I would be able to see, I gave it a shot just in case I could help. Sorry

Btw, I can see it well enough to know that all your programs are not showing on it, your scrollbar shows that there are others not being displayed

Edited by Stang777, 20 April 2009 - 02:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users