Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Office 2003

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Djehuti

Djehuti

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 AM

Posted 19 June 2005 - 07:20 AM

Since I have installed service pack 2 for windows XP professional, my office 2003 applications need to install, but I get an error message that a file sku011.CAB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Djehuti

Djehuti
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2005 - 07:25 AM

Since I have installed service pack 2 for windows XP professional, my office 2003 applications need to install, but I get an error message that a file sku011.CAB cannot be found.
I have searched the internet and found that downloading this file plus sku011.xml and putting them in the folder 'D:\MSOCache\All Users\90000409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9' might work. It didn't work for me, he still says to be looking for the same file when I open word or excell.
I got all office updates and windows updates but the problem persists.

I also got the impression from what I read on the internet that it might have something to do with write-permissions, but I don't know how to act on this knowlegde.

Can anyone assist me solving this problem
Djehuti

#3 Djehuti

Djehuti
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2005 - 09:27 AM

I found a solution for my problem.
I changed the value of CDCache in setup.ini to 0 (it was 2)
regedit --> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Delivery\

I found three directories for downloadcode and changed the values of CDCache for all of them to 0.

During installation of additional components of office 2003 (required after sp2 installation) it didn't complain about sku011.cab anymore but about another file which was not in the directory 'D:\MSOCache\All Users\90000409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9': yt561401.cab

After I downloaded this file and placed it in the above directory the installation proceeded as it is supposed to.

NOTE: I am not an expert myself and I have to tell you to be cautious editing the system registry, I found this solution on another forum and as more people experience this problem I figured it might help someone if I'd put it here as well. :thumbsup:

#4 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 AM

Posted 19 June 2005 - 09:54 AM

Thanks for telling us what fixed your problem! :thumbsup:
This may be of great benefit to others who run into this problem.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#5 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2005 - 04:53 AM

I had office 2003 on mine before serive pack 2 and i didn't have any problems it must be some glitch or depends on the office version too.

#6 nsmith1

nsmith1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2005 - 03:34 PM

:thumbsup:
Thx that worked.
editing the regedit file from 2 to 0.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users