Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question About Recovering Factory Settings

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 LizardKing64

LizardKing64

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:53 PM

Hi guys. I'm considering doing a system recovery on my HP Media Center m1070n desktop. I have caught a virus that has proven incredibly stubborn. I've actually been thinking about doing a system recovery on this PC for a while because my brother had it before me and it's always had problems with spyware and tons of programs and files that I don't really need.

After reading about the HP PC Recovery that is installed on the system, it says that I should remove any newly installed hardware. I put a new video card in about 6 months ago and new RAM last month. I could take out the RAM, but I don't have the old video card (it was fried). I'm wondering if this will cause a problem if I do the recovery. Is recovery even an option because of this?
Best Regards,
Jeff

"Bart: I was so bored I cut the pony tail off the guy in front of us.
[holds pony tail to his head]

Bart: Look at me, I'm a grad student. I'm 30 years old and I made $600 last year.

Marge: Bart, don't make fun of grad students. They've just made a terrible life choice."

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users