Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

URGENT: PLEASE HELP COMPUTER KEEP SAYING KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 tomcruise3230

tomcruise3230

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 19 June 2005 - 05:47 AM

DEAR MEMBERS:

I need your urgent hellp to figure out how i can correct these computer errors. I will be informal as much as i can to explain my situation. To start: I have a toshiba satellite 1400-s151 laptop which is 2-3 years old and I have window xp home edition. It never gave me a problem like this...UNTIL NOW. what it says on the blue screen is:

Kernel_data_inpage_error

Then it says if it is the first time the this happens restart your computer

It also says that it could be due to bad installation of hardware and/or software. Ways to fix his is to disable Bios memory options such as caching or shadowing.
oxoooooo7a (0xc0201850, 0xc000000e, 0c042f3860, 0x80614cbb)
The after that it says Dumping Physical Memory.
and underneath that is says something like(didn't quite catch it sorry:(: atapi-sys-address F9788CA8 base at f9779000 datestamp....(didn't get the last part of the last line sorry:(

It doesn't show up this blue screen the second i turn it on. FIRST, it gave me this error screen after 5 hours, then it will restart and it will recover (after dumping physcial memory) and windows error report screen will show up and will say:
windows has recovered from serious error (on error report it will say: error signature: BCCode: 7a, BCP1:Co20B1850, BCP2: C000000E, BCP3:80614CBB, BCP4: 0D7A6860
OS ver:5_1_2600
SP:-2-0 Product:256-1
on error report contents from tech info click here:
-the following 2 files will be included in error report:
1. drive c:\Docume~1/Nabeel(user name)\LOCALS~\Temp\wer484.dir00/Mini06305-01.dmp
2. drive c:\Docume~1/Nabeel(user name)\LOCALS~\Temp\wer484.dir00/sysdata.xml

That was just the first time. After a couple of days it got worse by doing a couple of times more and showed me another error which is (not as often as the first):

Kernel_Stack_Input_error
same thing as the first error except it says now:
0X00000077 (0XC000000E, 0XC000000E, 0X0000000, 0X099FD000)

After these, it will show some of kerneldatainpageerror and one more kernelstackinput error. During that time (after 3 kerneldata and 1 kernalstack error), my laptop also starts to make clicking noise never heard before (as if it's writing/reading continuously even if I'm not accessing it) and just as it is doing that after a couple of time my computer will lags and freeze couple of second. After that, my computer just freezes (when the green light is constantly on for more then 10 seconds.) and gives one of the preceeding messages (mostly kerneldatainpageerror).

Therefore, I am afraid it will start to get worse and worse until it will delete every-single-valuable-things from my hard drive! However i am sure one of you kind beings can help me out before it start to do the-most-terrible-thing: delete my entire fuc*** hard drive. (can these two error possible of doing that?)

Before you suggest something know this:
I virus scanned but it found nothing. i also ran regcleaner, tweakregistercleaner but it didn't help either (although it found some stuff often left behind after uninstalling programs), and other spyware programs (ad-aware, spy doctor, search and destroy etc) and got rambooster but none of them seem to help. Therefore, that doesn't seem to be the problem at all. However..

I pinpoint the problem why did it all happened and I came down with 3 things (its only these anyway:)):
1. my first and main suspicion the whole thing started is when my the free download manger encountered a damn BUG. I uninstalled the program but it didn't help (also erased its registry history with regcleaner and tweakregcleaner)
2. I acidently set my externel hard drive one volume (have 3 volume in the external HD) as active, but i dont think that is the problem because i had it active for about a month and during that time it never gave me an error or any of that kind... (again until the download manger encountered a bug but not the problem with the hd just the error)
3. I downloaded 300 files (about 20 mb each) in less then 8 days (i was on trial so during that time i want to downloaded as much as i can so i won't get fully billed :thumbsup:) and it was the first time in those 8 days i used my laptop 16 hours a day. However, again i also don't think thats the problem because i scanned all the files with the virus many times and spyware (the site also has a strict policy on spyware so they couldn't and din't have any, for that i am sure:))

Therefore, I really think its either the bug or the external hard one volume set on active acidently. Therefore, MY REQUEST to my dear member is: Can you please tell me how to fix the bug by what program that does it and how to undo the external hard drive volume as unactive because i don't use it all the time (just to backup files) and just turn it off when i am done. Also, any addition information will definitely help from any of you dear members. so please reply as soon as and as much as you can. I will really really appreciate it!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH! (I will do the same to help you when ever i get the chance.) peace take care!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2005 - 02:40 AM

0X00000077

MS Knowledge Base

RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, use the appropriate method:
Boot Sector Virus
To determine if you have a boot sector virus, run a current virus-checking program, and if needed, disinfect your computer.
Not a Boot Sector Virus
View the System Log in Event Viewer for additional error messages that help you determine the device that is causing the error.
Bad block. Stop 0x77 is caused by a bad block in a paging file, or a disk controller error, or in extremely rare cases it is caused when non-paged pool resources are unavailable.
If the first and second parameters are 0, then the stack signature was not found in the kernel stack. The cause of this issue is defective hardware. If the I/O status is C0000185 and the paging file is on a SCSI-based hard disk, you should verify the disk cabling and SCSI termination.
If the I/O status code is 0xC000009C or 0xC000016A, this normally indicates that the data could not be read from the disk due to a bad block.
If you can restart your computer after the error message, Autochk runs automatically and tries to map out the bad sector. If for some reason Autochk does not scan the hard disk for errors, manually start the disk scanner. If your computer is formatted with the NTFS file system, run Chkdsk /f /r on the system partition. You must restart your computer before the disk scan begins. If you cannot start your computer due to this issue, use the Command Console and run Chkdsk /r.
Defective or unreliable random access memory (RAM) is another common cause of this issue.
Verify that all the adapter cards in your computer are properly seated.
Ensure that all adapter card contacts are clean.
Disable system caching in the BIOS to see if this resolves the error.
If this does not resolve the issue, your computer mainboard (motherboard) may be damaged.

Have you gone through the above steps?

#3 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2005 - 02:41 AM

Download the the ultimate boot cd this has all the tools on it to check your hdd's and your memory.

MS Memory Testing floppy

Edited by stidyup, 20 June 2005 - 02:43 AM.

#4 tomcruise3230

tomcruise3230
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2005 - 04:49 PM

i would have done what you said but now the laptop is showing a black screen which is
"PXE-E61 Media Test Fails" and it doesn't even load now!! it just shows that screen now! (I think i got this because making an external hard drive one volume as active but i had it for amonth and it never gave me any problems before even if i turn it on/off which i do most of the time)
Also, a loud clicking sound when the laptop boots up that i never heard before. can you tell meplease what i shoulod do now

#5 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2005 - 02:23 AM

Done a quick search seems that it's a hardware problem.

PXE-E61

Dell Forum

Experts exchange

Will the PC boot of the CD-Rom? If so run some of the ultilites on the UltimateBootCD run hdd diagnostic software and memory testers.

If it won't boot it may be that you have a faulty CD-Rom or HDD, or you may need to reseat both.

The clicking noise could be either the Cd-Rom or HDD, remove the CD-Rom if possible and see if the noise goes away, if it doesn't then it's the hdd and if it's clicking you'll need a new one.

#6 tomcruise3230

tomcruise3230
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2005 - 05:51 AM

i removed the cd-rom and i am sure now it is coming from the hd! do i really need toget a new one (can i just, if it does do that, reinstall the window xp again on the hd and format it again?)
so i know now my computer is dying/failing do u know how i can back up my data asap even if it doens't boot beyond the black screen even in safe mode? if it does do that,should i back up my data in the external hd (which has one volume corrupted and unreadable) with other volume that work fine? also one last thing, how can i get data from the external hd corrupted volume (is their a way if so what tools i need) please let me know as soon as u can! thank you very much

#7 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2005 - 01:46 PM

ultimatebootcd4win

If you can build the above PC you may be able to boot and access the drives. If you plug in a usb hdd before you boot the CD ubcd4win will see the drive and allow you to copy off any data. UBCD4Win also has various data recovery tools which may get the data off.

My advice is first put the hdd in the plastic bag, squeeze out all the air and then put it in the freezer for a couple of hours. Get it out once you have all the necessary tools ready and you know what you are going to do. If the freezer trick works it's a race against time once the drive gets hot you'll lose it maybe forever.

If this fails you may want to try getting a converter from a laptop hdd to a IDE drive, most online PC shops will sell them. See here You can then connect the drive upto a regular PC and try and access the data.

I'm afraid if the drive is making noises you will need a new one as it's becoming mechanically defective and there's no way you can fix it.

Ontrack if you need professional help to recover the data off look here, this will be expensive but if the drive is completely dead and you need the data then it needs to go a clean room where they'll take the drive apart and clone the drive.

However I will point out that if the drive is making noises usually this means your going to need professional help, the more you mess with the drive the more damage you may do, which means it's going to cost more.

Edited by stidyup, 21 June 2005 - 03:05 PM.

#8 tomcruise3230

tomcruise3230
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2005 - 04:42 PM

i will use the ultimatebootcd4win if everything fails. and about the coverter weill i won't be using a pc (just laptop tolaptop) so will that work if i use it with a laptop to ide drive? and about the external hd corrupted volume is their any othe rway i can still get the data with some recovery toolls? (forget the laptop hd now, it has much less data that i need then seagate external hd)

#9 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2005 - 02:29 AM

First I'd try to run chkdsk on the corrupt USB hdd.

Start
Performance and Maintenance
Admin Tools
Computer Management
Disk Management
Click on drive
Properties
Tools tab
Error Checking

Not sure if this will work or not but it's worth a try.

If you have another working PC try installing one of these free Products

Disk Inspector - http://www.diskcleaners.com/#dskinv
PC Inspector File Recovery - http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/uk/welcome.htm
Handy Recovery - http://www.handyrecovery.com/download.shtml You need Version 1 thats free look at bottom of page.
TestDisk - http://www.cgsecurity.org/index.html?testdisk.html This may repair the corrupt MBR.

Paid for file recovery
O&O - http://www.oo-software.com/en/products/ood...very/index.html
Active Undelete - http://www.active-undelete.com/
R-Studio Data Recovery - http://www.data-recovery-software.net/
All of these have demo versions so you'll be able to see if they are worth buying or not.

#10 tomcruise3230

tomcruise3230
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2005 - 05:36 PM

well i can't click on properties or access the corrupted external hd one volume (others are fine) so i can't use the first option sorry. i don't have another working pc but another working laptop (2 actually one apple the other toshiba 1005). i will try the one u suggested to download but if it doesn't recover is their any other possible way?

#11 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2005 - 02:07 AM

If none of the above can't recover the data then I'm afraid I have no more suggestions other than this.

The only other piece of software to try would be partition magic, which might fix the problem.

#12 tomcruise3230

tomcruise3230
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2005 - 05:02 PM

okay sorry to say but i can't find where to get partition magic can u tell me where to find it

#13 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2005 - 02:27 AM

Partition Magic

Trial Version this may give you a indication of whether it will work or not.

Seatools I'd also run seatools on the usb drive and see if it's still good. Use the web version.

Edited by stidyup, 24 June 2005 - 02:29 AM.

#14 tomcruise3230

tomcruise3230
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2005 - 06:38 PM

if i copy a corrupted or unreadable patition witth partition magic to another hd will it acess the files from it then?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users