Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My audio is acting really weird

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Trans Geek Lily

Trans Geek Lily

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 16 April 2009 - 03:30 PM

My sound is acting the weirdest right now. I use an AC 97 Audio Driver on Win XP SP3 and it normally works fine. After a long time turned off with sound working properly my sound stops working the next time I turn on my comp. I check audio in control panel and it says no audio device for some reason. I find I have to uninstall the driver, reboot and let windows auto reinstall it and my sound works fine. The pattern seems to repeat itself after it's been turned off for a long time so I have to do it all over again to keep my sound working. This pattern has been going on for quite some time. Any idea why this is happening?

Edited by Trans Geek Lily, 16 April 2009 - 03:31 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Widdybear77

Widdybear77

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 24 June 2009 - 10:59 AM

I had same problem when I switched from my Pen 4 to the new one I built a Quad 4. My brother did too when he switched from his Athalon to his new Quad he also built.
Same stats AC97 with Logitech speakers 5.1 and had at the time Vista hard drive and XP SP3 on another hard drive. Went from Audigy sound card on the P4 to AC97 internal MOBO sound on the Quad.
Found out on both the Vista 64 HD and the win XP32 HD had to first setup the devices in Windows audio in control panel and configure in DXDIAG on run command. Then restart and come back and install the AC97 drivers and Realtek platform for setting up speakers. Had to do each hard drive individually.
My brother had to do the same song and dance.
Strangely enough Win 98/2000 and DOS/WIN3.1 and Linux hard drives did not have a problem. Chalk it to Microsoft to make things difficult in the new instead of learning from the past.
Hope this helps...... :thumbsup:

Note: If you go to either your speeker manufacturer or REALTEK for help, your speaker Manufacturer will probably be more help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users