Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Novell Login

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ian190

ian190

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 16 April 2009 - 02:07 PM

I have a laptop which I acquired from an ex employer where the start up screen is 'Novell Client for Windows'. When I put in my username and password and check the 'Workstation only' box, the laptop goes through a rapid loop where you quickly see a screen which says 'logging off' then you get back to the initial start up screen.

Up until this week the laptop has worked perfectly.

This now makes the laptop completely unusable. Does anyone have any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 16 April 2009 - 03:24 PM

Hi. :thumbsup:
Have you tried going into safe mode to see if it will let you in from there?
JC

#3 ian190

ian190
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 16 April 2009 - 03:56 PM

I like the suggestion but can't work out how to even get the computer into safe mode on boot up. Do you know how I can do this?

Thanks

#4 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 16 April 2009 - 04:52 PM

My apologies...Here's a tutorial on getting into safe mode. How to start Windows in Safe Mode

What Operating System(98/XP/2000/Vista) are you using? What's the make and model of the laptop?
JC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users