Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Choppy Video IE8 Win7 x64 Flash Mystery...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 panamamike

panamamike

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:19 AM

:thumbsup:

I have a new build PC with Win7 Build 7048 x64 bit with the Shark 007 Codec pack.

I've been trying with no luck on determining the cause of choppy HULU playback in Windows IE8. Seems to work ok in FF, but no dice in IE8.

Things that don't look to be an issue CPU - 5200 running at 3.3Ghz
Memory 4GB
Bandwidth, have 2.5 Mbps, seems to be plenty and I've also done caching of the video.

The problems went from bad to worse when Windows did an automatic update of IE8. Video was unplayable at that point. I adjusted some settings to get todays terrible choppy playback. I allowed for popups.

Here's where it gets interesting. I noticed the issue when playing back HULU. Then at one point I closed down TunerFree MCE in Media Center and went to play an MKV file. Turns out the MKV file was also stuttering! When I shutdown the TunerFree MCE, which calls IE8, the stutter went away. I reproduced the problem more than once. Definitely something having to do with IE8 loading something that also affects my other video playback that has nothing to do with streaming.

Audio is smooth and unaffected, just the video.

Mike

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users