Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty Jackalope)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,320 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:46 AM

You can now request a FREE CD of Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty Jackalope). It is due to be released in a week
but you can "pre-order" now.

It takes about 3 weeks from release to receive the CD stateside.

Request a Free Ubuntu CD
https://shipit.ubuntu.com/?loggingout=1
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 16 April 2009 - 12:58 PM

woot! Score!

#3 Zlargez

Zlargez

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 16 April 2009 - 03:37 PM

The cds are totally free,right? If so,I'm getting one ^_^

#4 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2009 - 03:58 PM

The Cd's are 100% free. No Shipping and handling or service charges. They can take up to six weeks to arrive for a new release (what with the massive amount of requests). I'll go over to mom's and Download it like a normal user or possibly sit at her place and do an upgrade.

Posted Image

#5 audioAl

audioAl

• Members
  • 426 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 AM

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:12 AM

The Cd's are 100% free. No Shipping and handling or service charges. They can take up to six weeks to arrive for a new release (what with the massive amount of requests). I'll go over to mom's and Download it like a normal user or possibly sit at her place and do an upgrade.

I am learning Hardy Heron at the present. Should I upgrade, or is HH good enough for me for now since I'm a new Linux user?Alan
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit/Intel e5300 cpu/ASRock G41M-LE mainboard/G max4500 onboard graphics/4gigs OCZ 800Mhz ram/ VIA onboard HD Vinyl audio/Yamaha RX-V465 HT receiver/ Cambridge SoundWorks and Infinity RS1001 speakers

#6 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:35 PM

It depends on you really. If your'e not having any issues with HH then theres no real need to but if you like to play with the newest OS out then you can. I just personally like to stay up to date. Note I believe the life cycle (from Release to No support) for any given Ubuntu is 18 months (LTS is longer i believe)

Posted Image

#7 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 22 April 2009 - 12:06 PM

Note I believe the life cycle (from Release to No support) for any given Ubuntu is 18 months (LTS is longer i believe)

You believe correctly, LTS (Long Term Support) is supported for three years (five years for servers). Source.

#8 buddy215

buddy215
  • Topic Starter

• 13,320 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 07 May 2009 - 02:44 PM

Nice surprise in the mailbox today. Yep, you guessed it. A jackalope had leapt into it. Only two weeks after final
release.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#9 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:49 PM

Faster than my upgrade, still haven't gone to mom's house yet but all good things must come to an end as Mothers day is Sunday.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users