Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can not enter 1 specific web site only ie7

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Gonz1978

Gonz1978

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:14 AM

I am using a vodaphone mobile broadband internet dongle. Vista homepremium. I have scanned with avg, adware, spybot search and destroy, malwarebites and superantispyware. all clear.

The only site i can not enter is www.us.bigpoint.com. This includes all links from google, yahoo as well as direct typing to any link parts of the site.
(no site configured to this address) is the reply
The problem occured around 1 week ago after 2 weeks of having no problems.

i have read through the forums and found similar problems but the solutions don't seem to work for me.

Untill today turning the comp off and unplugging it for 5 mins worked. but nolonger does.

i have checked cmd netstat and all ports are establishing

as a last resort i pluged into a hard line broadband connection. again this worked the first time but then didnt, the worked again then didn't ( you get the picture)

i am fairly computer literate but this has stuped me... any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 16 April 2009 - 05:16 PM

Try the Microsoft solution here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;300238

#3 Gonz1978

Gonz1978
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2009 - 03:16 PM

cheers for replying to my dilemma...
To find inetmgr.exe i have to advance search within comp, inc system files non indexed etc
i get 6 results 1 imetmgr properties dates 2006
1 inetmgr properies dates 2008
2 inetmgr6 properties dates 2006
2 inetmgr.exe properties dates 2006
none of these execute. i have ran as administrator and allowed program to run. nothing happens. the computer does not crash.
do i need to transfer it to a file then run it.

the same problem now occurs on my laptop which is 3 weeks old.
my laptop only coms up with 4 resuts
1 inetmgr 2008
1 inetmgr6 2006
1 inetmgr.exe.mui
1 inetmgr6.exe.mui
none of these will execute either
i assume i missing somethig simple here :thumbsup:

#4 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 17 April 2009 - 09:46 PM

I'm kind of lost to what you are referring to? Here are the instructions from Microsoft:

"To work around this problem, use one of the following methods:

* If you want to be able to connect to the Web site by using an additional host name, add it to the list of host headers for that site:
1. Start the Internet Service Manager (InetMgr.exe).
2. Right-click the Web site to be configured, and then click Properties.
3. On the Web Site tab, select the IP address that the site will use.

NOTE: If you only have one IP address on the server, select All Unassigned, and then set the TCP port that you want to use (usually 80).
4. Click Advanced.
5. In the Multiple identities for this Web Site list, select the identity that you want to use.
6. Click Add, and then add the host header name.
7. Apply these changes, and then start the Web site (if it is not already running).
* Remove all host header entries:
1. Start the Internet Service Manager (Iis.msc).
2. Right-click the Web site to be configured, and then click Properties.
3. On the Web Site tab, select the IP address that the site will use.

NOTE: If you only have one IP address on the server, select All Unassigned, and then set the TCP port that you want to use (usually 80).
4. Click Advanced.
5. In the Multiple identities for this Web Site list, select the identity that contains the host header that you want to remove.
6. Click Edit, and then delete the host header.
7. Apply these changes, and then start the Web site (if it is not already running).
"

#5 Gonz1978

Gonz1978
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2009 - 05:18 PM

sorry for the amount of time to reply, ran out of download limit.

unlike xp i have no run option in my start menu. so i search/advancedsearch it and launch inetmgr.exe from the results
inetmgr.exe grabs a mui file using internet explorer which i save to desktop as just running it relaunches the save to desktop option. the properties page for this give normal file options.
launching the file repeats the above.
if i go to properties by right clicking on the web link. there is no website tab option just general.
i have an inactive apply button but cannot edit. the same as if i have not ran inetmgr
when i do the above to the site directly the same happens.

i have also used the IME short cut from right clicking on the search bar at the bottom of the start menu
with no results. it just changes from open emi to close emi and back again.

i assume i am doing something wrong as i cant seem to get past stage 1 of the instuctions.
am i launching inetmgr incorrectly? i was expecting a program to run not just file grab

i have been at this for so long i have got mind wipe.

if u could break down a dummies guide to vista users of the advice u gave ( microsoft instuctions )it would be greatly appreciated. ( i thought i was becoming comp literate but it seens im still a dummy )

i have also done some vodaphone dongle research and it seems alot of people are having the same problem ( and with the same site)
the info says that the problem is caused by either vodafone or the websites server blocking the other.
can the solution u suggested get around this problem?

Edited by Gonz1978, 19 April 2009 - 06:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users