Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CPU cooler

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 audioAl

audioAl

• Members
  • 426 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 AM

Posted 16 April 2009 - 06:24 AM

Morning, I just moved to a coastal community in Texas, now my Temp 1 in speed fan shows 122 F and a fire reading. I want advise as to a good aftermarket CPU heatsink & Fan. Thermaltake has one on newegg for $19.99. I've never used aftermarket coolers, so your opinions are welcome. Alan
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit/Intel e5300 cpu/ASRock G41M-LE mainboard/G max4500 onboard graphics/4gigs OCZ 800Mhz ram/ VIA onboard HD Vinyl audio/Yamaha RX-V465 HT receiver/ Cambridge SoundWorks and Infinity RS1001 speakers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 AM

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:41 AM

Since you just moved the computer was transported also.
Have you opened it & checked the heatsink to make sure it hasn't come partially loose during the move ?
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#3 audioAl

audioAl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 426 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:30 AM

Have you opened it & checked the heatsink to make sure it hasn't come partially loose during the move ?

Hey Joe, I investigated as per your advise, and it is seated ok. Today, my temp reading is 52 F?? I think this is a Vista quirk, any feedback on that?? My core temp is 73 F today.
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit/Intel e5300 cpu/ASRock G41M-LE mainboard/G max4500 onboard graphics/4gigs OCZ 800Mhz ram/ VIA onboard HD Vinyl audio/Yamaha RX-V465 HT receiver/ Cambridge SoundWorks and Infinity RS1001 speakers

#4 audioAl

audioAl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 426 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2009 - 06:12 AM

Hey Joe, I investigated as per your advise, and it is seated ok. Today, my temp reading is 52 F?? I think this is a Vista quirk, any feedback on that?? My core temp is 73 F today.

Again I am too hot 104-109F ,I wish I knew what is making me run hot, maybe a power supply problem?? It's a cheap 450w Xion PS,Alan

#5 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 AM

Posted 20 April 2009 - 06:42 AM

104-109 Fahrenheit is only 40 Celsius. That is actually cool for a processor to run at. I wouldn't worry until your processor gets up to 70 degrees Celsius which would be about 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Also, are you noticing any stability issues with your system, or as if it's slowing down? If it was overheating, you would probably notice.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#6 audioAl

audioAl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 426 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:18 AM

104-109 Fahrenheit is only 40 Celsius. That is actually cool for a processor to run at. I wouldn't worry until your processor gets up to 70 degrees Celsius which would be about 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Also, are you noticing any stability issues with your system, or as if it's slowing down? If it was overheating, you would probably notice.

Wow, Sterling Thanks! I guess I'm just Paranoid due to the moving. You eased my mind, this is the 1st computer I built and then rebuilt, so I worry alot about it. Thanks again,Alan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users