Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

no internet browsing in explorer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 canatan

canatan

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 AM

Posted 16 April 2009 - 02:27 AM

i thought my pc was infected with the confiker virus so i decided to reinstall windows xp. i partioned c and e.. left f untouched.
then after installation i connected the lan cable to the to the pc. it activated windows but it wouldnt browse the interent using explorer.. what am i missing?
i installed lan, audio, video, and motherboard drivers. please help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fardin100

fardin100

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 16 April 2009 - 04:54 AM

Hi, first right click my computer then click on properties, now click on the hardware tap and hit the device manager with you mouse. Now go to the network adapters, expand it by clicking the plus sign, now do you see any adapters here installed in your system. Also look for an x or ! marks it could means that they are disabled.

If you don't see anything then it means it is not installed or if it is better to go for an upto date one from the website.
Now click start then run and type cmd
type ping google.com
any result?
type ping 127.0.0.1
this should give result because it is your local host and it will tell us if network card is working and drver installed.

Also go to security center make sure that your firewall is off temporarily. If you have a router please reset it and try your connection again. I did notice that on another post I adviced a user to install or update their service pack and that seemed to fix the issue. Maybe you want to give that a go because the latest service pack will have many drivers that will instantly recognise your on the system.

Also, if your ISP sent you a cd you will need to install that, go to you internet options within the browser, then connections, the lan setting, make sure auto detect settings are set and that no proxy is enabled.

#3 fardin100

fardin100

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 16 April 2009 - 04:55 AM

You said you partitioned C + E and left F untouched, is this F logical partition, do you have data on it. I believe that the virus is still there if not everything is scanned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users