Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Windows Vista SP1

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 GMC

GMC

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 16 April 2009 - 12:36 AM

Good Evening,

Recently I started my computer only to find the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD). It said:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Technical Information: 0x0000000A (0x0000000000000880, 0x000000000000000C, 0x0000000000000001, 0xFFFFF80001C7C989)

Beginning Physical Dump of Memory........

My computer specs:
Dell Inspiron 1545
Windows Vista Home Premium SP1
64 Bit Operating System
4GB RAM
Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 @ 2.00 GHz

I also opened up my event view logs and found these errors around the time of the incident.

Attached File  Error_Side_By_Side.jpg   41.59KB   19 downloads
Attached File  Error_DCOM.jpg   36.18KB   19 downloads

Any help would be great!

Update: after looking around in my event view log, I noticed that I get the following error every 7 seconds (don't know if it is relevant though).
Attached File  Every7Secs.jpg   41.41KB   23 downloads

Edited by GMC, 16 April 2009 - 02:03 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blam6

Blam6

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 16 April 2009 - 05:55 AM

Your network card's drivers seem to be playing up

You'll need to update them to the latest version:

Go to device manager(Run>devmgmt.msc)

Right click your wireless adapter and select uninstall.

Download the latest drivers for your wireless NIC

Cheers
Blam

#3 GMC

GMC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2009 - 05:10 AM

blam6,

Thanks.

#4 GMC

GMC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2009 - 02:24 PM

Unfortunately,

That did not solve my problem. Shortly afterward, my computer gave me the same "irql_not_less_or_equal" again.

#5 ewrlopa

ewrlopa

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 19 April 2009 - 04:25 PM

A recent windows update may have caused this, possibly a hardware driver update via WU.

You may find it helpful to system restore back to a period when the unit was operating normally.

DAmon

#6 GMC

GMC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2009 - 05:46 PM

ewrlopa,

I've had this for some time now. It occurred infrequently, until one day it occurred over and over. I bought this laptop less than (2) months ago.

#7 woodyblade

woodyblade

• Members
  • 670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 AM

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:00 PM

Just a question, Do the Bluescreens happen randomly no matter what you do or are they at a certain point when you say login or shut down the computer etc?

The third image you posted seems to be your problem if it is occuring every 7 seconds, I searched on Google and by the looks of it someone on Yahoo Answers found a solution 2 months ago, try the link the Best Answer provides in this Yahoo link we'll see if it works for you - http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...19051612AAveb01

Edited by woodyblade, 21 April 2009 - 06:01 PM.

#8 GMC

GMC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2009 - 09:56 PM

WoodyBlade,
The BSOD does not occur every 7 seconds. It is definitely random. i used to think it would occur when my computer would shut off after it's battery ran out; i'm not sure as of now, but I still think the computer doesn't know how to shut down properly when the battery runs out. I'm not sure about the program you want me to download; I'm a little weary now that there are so many threats to computers that download things from the internet. How do I know if the progam is legit? How can I confirm it?

Edited by GMC, 24 April 2009 - 09:57 PM.

#9 woodyblade

woodyblade

• Members
  • 670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 AM

Posted 25 April 2009 - 02:34 PM

Hi GMC,

If you read back I don't say anything about the BSOD and 7 seconds in the same sentence, I was asking when exactly were the BSOD's occuring which you say is random so that has answered that question. I was then referencing your mention of the Third Image in the Event log occuring every 7 seconds in your original post.

As for the program it looks legitimate from what I can tell but I only skim read the first time, I researched in a bit more detail and found that it may not be reliable.

I'll just ask a few more questions

Have you installed any Hardware recently? Around the time of these BSOD's starting

Did you update the Device Drivers recently?

Again have you installed any Software around the time of these BSOD's starting?
2 of those in the Event Viewer images you have posted reference Broadcom Software it might be worth looking into that as a starting point

#10 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 25 April 2009 - 04:09 PM

You can also check your devices and applications with these instructions:
http://www.geekswhoknow.com/articles/stop-...ss_or_equal.htm

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016