Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Keeps Restarting

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lalilulelo

lalilulelo

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 PM

Posted 15 April 2009 - 11:18 PM

My computer kept restarting randomly, so I turned off the "automatically restart" feature to see what was wrong. I got this error:

Posted Image

What's wrong with my computer? What do I need to do to fix it??

Edited by lalilulelo, 15 April 2009 - 11:19 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tuxmaster

tuxmaster

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 PM

Posted 16 April 2009 - 12:29 AM

lalilulelo,

Please download WhoCrashed here
  • Install and run.
  • Click on Analyze.
  • Under the Analyze section copy and paste everything and post it in your next thread.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please respond with the final results after I fix your issue. I like to know the final Results after Solving a Problem. Do not PM me for your issue post in the forums.
~Tuxmaster

#3 Lon3sword

Lon3sword

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:14 AM

This can be due to dirty RAM or something. I used to have system restarts when I plug in RAM incorrectly. Also, if you had not used your computer for, say 2 weeks, it's possible that there's dust in your RAM. Switch off the pc, open the case, pull your RAM out, clean it by GENTLY wiping with a CLEAN and STIFF cloth. Put it back again. Careful, if you plug it in incorrectly, you will still have the same problem. Make sure that it really fits in the socket.

Or maybe its ur RAM going berserk.

#4 Micallen

Micallen

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 PM

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:21 AM

I had one doing that right after re-installng Win XP Pro, and a few other things (updated to IE8, added anti-virus). Seems like it was after adding, then updating the anti-virus (AVG) then the required re-start that it happened.

I just finished re-formatting and re-installing WIN XP Pro. Just loaded the AVG, and after re-start it told me it couldn't recognize the license - likely due to a corrupt installation.

Is this possibly a bad HD issue? I had an error after trying to upgrade from IE6 to IE7 (so I skipped to IE8). Also had some error after addind Win SP2.

Micallen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users