Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wanting to put something together

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 YouStoleMine

YouStoleMine

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 15 April 2009 - 07:13 PM

Looking to spend around 600-700. I do some gaming, counter-strike, stuff like that so I would definately like it to run smoothly. This is what I need:

case
power supply
mother board
processor
video card
HDD
ram

Any help would be appreciated :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 AM

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:11 PM

I assume you already have an OS, DVD drive, and peripherals such as monitor, keyboard, mouse etc.?

I just threw a quick list together:

CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16819115037

Motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813128372

Ram: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820231241

PSU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817341010

Graphics card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814121272

For hard drive, it's really up to you on how much storage you need. Some of the 1tb hard drives are getting so cheap now, that even if you don't need that much storage now, you may want to get one just in case. If you don't plan on using a lot, the 500gb hard drives are pretty low too, and still contain plenty of storage for most.

The case is up to you too. You should read the reviews for certain cases and see if they ahve good airflow. Make sure it's an ATX case and not a micro ATX case.

There are some changes you may want to make too. If you plan on overclocking, the E8500 processor may be a better choice. If you don't plan on overclocking to probably 4.0ghz, than you wouldn't notice the difference between the two processors. If you plan on doing some extreme overclocking too, you may want to spend a few extra dollars and get higher quality ram with better timings. If not, you wouldn't notice the difference. The power supply doesn't need to be that expensive either, but it's better to spend extra on a quality power supply than a cheapy. A good 450Watt power supply would be sufficient for you too, but I didn't see many in that area that were good for the price. It doesn't hurt to have extra wattage too.

These are just some suggestions for you to build off of. The motherboard was just a quick one I found which, if you see something better, go for it!
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 AM

Posted 16 April 2009 - 12:14 AM

If you want to save some cash and go AMD, you can use a different build. Also, if you have a case, optical drive, or another component in your current PC you wish to use, you can save money that way. Remember, the below configuration is for everything, that is assuming you want to build a PC from scratch without reusing any components from your current PC.

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-MA780G-UD3H AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - A solid motherboard that supports the latest processors and allows for hybrid Crossfire with certain GPUs. Hybrid Crossfire is Crossfire but with one discrete card and the on-board video.

Case: SIGMA LUNA LUNA-WB Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - If you do not wish to reuse your current case, or if it isn't a mid-tower case, you can use this. I prefer aluminum cases for their lightweight. $79 (Before $20 mail-in rebate)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 920 2.8GHz - One of AMD's newest quad core processors. The 45nm technology in use with the Phenom II line of processors adds increased efficiency, lower power consumption, and less heat over older models. There are less expensive models, such as the triple core AMD Phenom II X3 720 2.8GHz ($135), if you're under a tight budget. Quad cores are great for futureproofing when combined with applications that support all four cores. $184

GPU: SAPPHIRE 100265HDMI Radeon HD 4830 512MB - This GPU will do well. Like Sterlings GPU, this will allow for hybrid Crossfire. I decided to cut back a little on the GPU and get a newer CPU instead. $89 (Before $15 mail-in rebate)

Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB - A big drive for all your media. $74

RAM: OCZ 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 - This is plenty of RAM for most users, your board supports up to 8GB. $46

Optical Drive: Pioneer Optical Combo Drive - You can reuse your old drive if you wish. $22

OS: Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit - You need a 64-bit OS to use 4GB or more of RAM. $99

Power Supply: RAIDMAX HYBRID 2 RX-530SS 530W - This power supply will handle most mainstream GPU's and it's modular. $54

Price: $740 (Before $35 in rebates, free shipping on all items except the case and PSU)

Edited by DJBPace07, 16 April 2009 - 12:20 AM.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users