Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with driver

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lon3sword

Lon3sword

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 15 April 2009 - 07:01 PM

I'm new here and this is my first post. I'm having a computer with 768mb RAM, 256 of it given to VIA k8m890 (VIA chrome 9 driver) on board chipset, AMD sempron 1.6 Ghz 2800+ processor and a 40 GB hard disk . All on an Asus K8v-vm ultra motherboard. I know my system specs are pretty low to run games. But I was able to play NFS most wanted and Fifa 2008 and Godfather and some pretty nice games on low settings with steady and smooth frame rates.

One day, I got inspired and felt all too techy and all. I decided to increase the 'performance' of my computer and updated my display driver. Actually, everything as working well and I still updated. I even forgot to backup the current driver. After I installed the new driver (God knows if it was an update. IT seemed even older!), I found that I'm getting lower frame rates in NFS most wanted. I felt pathetic and downloaded almost every driver available for my chipset (k8m890). But the problem still exists. The funny part is, after all this, I couldn't even get playable frame rates with NFS hot pursuit 2 on medium settings which I used to play on high settings when I used to have only 512mb of ram and 64 onboard! And my computer has run incredibly slow too.

What should I do? Is is simply because of the so-called driver update? Can you find me the correct driver? Or maybe is it 'cos my hard disk is becoming old? It was bought 7 years ago! Even Fifa 2008 is giving horrible frame rates. Somebody please help me. No, buying a graphics card is almost impossible. My dad is already complaining that I spent half of my day in front of the computer. He is determined NOT to buy me a card.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 AM

Posted 15 April 2009 - 07:17 PM

Have you tried just rolling back the driver?

#3 Lon3sword

Lon3sword
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:35 AM

I never thought about it! Its too late now.....I have installed and re-installed a billion drivers since then. I didn't even turn system restoration on!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users