Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Netgear DGB11G Connection Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JennyM9275

JennyM9275

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 AM

Posted 15 April 2009 - 05:08 PM

Hi, I know this will sound like a really stupid question but I'm hoping someone can help?

I bought a Netgear DGB11G wireless router about a year ago (after the guy in the shop advised it was the easiest to use!) and finally managed to get it set up after three hours and lots of tears a swear words.

It has been working fine until I had to turn off the power last night. Now that the power is back on it has stopped working - the power light and the internet light are both red (rather than green) and I don't know what to do to get it back to normal. I have checked the plug and power supply and all the other comnnections which are all fine. I've looked for the original set up instructions and can't find them so I'm really lost - can anyone please help me?

Thanks Jenny

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 danr

danr

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:23 PM

Try this,

Turn off the computer, the router and the modem. Now turn on the modem and wait a few moments for it to boot, then turn on the router and wait a few moments for it to boot (them lights should turn green) then start the computer.

If that doesn't help post back and let us know.

#3 Blam6

Blam6

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 PM

Posted 16 April 2009 - 06:12 AM

If a power cycle doesn't fix the problem, then the firmware is probably corrupted

You will need to reset the firmward.

Hold the power/reset button at the back of the router for for 20 seconds while it is on, unplug the routers power, then continue holding it for 20 seconds.

Plug the power back in and let go of the button.

This will mean you will have to reconfigure all the settings again unfortunately.

Blam

#4 JennyM9275

JennyM9275
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 AM

Posted 16 April 2009 - 07:46 AM

Thanks for your help - tried everything but no joy. Finally have found a 'phone number for Netgear and they are sending out a new router. So fingers crossed...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users