Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No browser sound after Combofix

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lowsixfo64

lowsixfo64

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 15 April 2009 - 11:25 AM

hello all,
I recently had the trojen Vundo and ran through the combo fix process. I am not getting sound when going to youtube, google, etc. I can play videos and music from my hard drive however. i can post my log at your request. Combofix did succeed in removing the virus.
Thanks!
Jared

Edited by lowsixfo64, 15 April 2009 - 11:36 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lowsixfo64

lowsixfo64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:44 PM

hellllloooo out there

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2009 - 02:27 PM

No sound after combofix

Check the Device Manager to see if there is corrupted driver or missing Codecs (given by the presence of ! or ?) under Sound, video and game controller.

Then Sound and Audio Devices in the Control Panel could be checked to see if under Audio tab the right Default device is selected. Also in the same location under Voice tab there is a Test Hardware ... button the user can use to test the hardware.

Under Audio tab, Sound playback section, under Default device at least one of the installed Codecs should be listed. In case the user has anything other than the Windows Audio Codecs the third party Codecs should be listed there. Otherwise the third party Codecs (like Creative SoundBlaster) should be installed or if already listed should be selected. Also there is an option at the bottom of the Audio tab "Use only default devices " that should be unchecked.
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users