Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

0KB file downloads, "waiting for (page)" stripped XP..?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 alterbr33d

alterbr33d

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 15 April 2009 - 11:25 AM

I have just installed a fresh (custom stripped) version of Windows XP on two systems using the same exact installation on both. Everything works fine on one system (old Intel Acer laptop), but I am having problems on my gaming computer (nForce 4 A8N-SLI).

In the browser it takes forever for a page to start to load, if it even loads. I type the address, hit enter, and on the bottom of the browser it says "waiting for http://www.example.com/stopreadingthisexampleyouidiot.html" and it says waiting for it for a while with a blank page, but once it gets past that, the page instantly loads. Perhaps its taking too long to send the information up? Slow up, fast down? Timing out? And it happens in all browsers, other programs that use the connection also work improperly.

Also when I download a file, it just downloads a 0KB file.

I have tried using the latest drivers for my nForce 4 network components, did not work.

Any ideas? There should be a fix because this same installation works on another computer. And no I cannot use another regular installation.

Also for example when I try a game it says something like "dx3d37.dll is missing", so I download the .dll and it fixes it, so maybe for this internet problem I can download some missing files?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 AM

Posted 20 April 2009 - 12:51 AM

Did you install all the hardware drivers for the system after you installed Windows?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users