Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Log on Log off Loop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bklyn1028

bklyn1028

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 PM

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:38 AM

Ok,
bear with me....this is my "BOSS'S" COMPUTER. At the log in screen it says
his name, or admin...either when you log on says saving settings, then in a split second logs off. I researched and put in windows CD, went to recovery console and it now wants administrator password, which the admin password won't work. It seems that administrator just popped up there, no password works. Can't get into safe mode either, logs on logs off.
So, booted from windows CD again, hit F8, did repair, it loaded files, then it wanted to load windows, i took out cd, hit Shift F10, and it brought up the users on the system, all it had was Guest, Boss, and Admin, no administrator.
Any thoughts, and by the way, please tell me i didn't wipe out his hard drive.
never formatted.
thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 20 April 2009 - 12:49 AM

What happened after you did the repair? I assume you still can't log into Windows?

Can you boot into the Recovery Console by leaving the password blank and just press ENTER?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 James K

James K

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 AM

Posted 20 April 2009 - 04:05 AM

It could be that the admistrator account has been removed/renamed hence why you are unable to see the administrator user.

A windows repair will not format a drive just replace/repair the original installation files.

Did you allow the repiar to run all the way through and have you had any luck since? does safe mode work now you have repaired the installation?

James,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users