Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

monitor goes black

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 kumar90

kumar90

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 PM

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:08 AM

I have a dell inspiron laptop.The issue is that after i switch on the laptop the loading bar(Microsoft corporation) appears and then the monitor goes black.I can login to the safe modes.But normally after the loading bar,the screen appears black and nothing gets dispalyed.Please help :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:06 PM

It could possibly be your Master Boot Record
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;314503
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 kumar90

kumar90
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2009 - 01:43 PM

The problem still persists.The OS is Windows Vista Home Basic......Sometimes it comes up with a message saying that "An unauthorized change was made to Windows.And it had two options...one is learn more on it and the other is to close it.I tried all possible things which was said in the first option and still the problem persists.

And also when i try for a system restore in the safe mode.It shows only one checkpoint and ie today's.....and i am not able to create a restore point manually.......The problem is getting worse...Please get me a solution for this......I am very much frustrated ... :huh:

Edited by kumar90, 16 April 2009 - 02:07 PM.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:36 PM

Will it load into Safe mode or Safe mode w/networking?
Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#5 kumar90

kumar90
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:34 PM

Yes...now it can go into all the safe modes.I let the system do a start up repair and then i could log into the windows normally.Since there were no restore points found in my system..i created one manually....But when i log in in t..after a few seconds a message comes up saying that host process has stopped working and it gets closed and i also get many similar messages like this.But i was able to use my laptop in the normal mode.

Now the problem again came up that the internet explorer gets closed in between and then gets restarted.(Also Firefox has become very slow).Then the restore point that i have created is not showing up and i cannot create another also since it says it cannot be created.The system also sometimes shows a blue screen saying memory dump and then suddenly shuts down.....Then i will have to again do the repair and the cycle goes on.....I am not tech savy....So please help.... :huh:

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:21 PM

I would suggest a reinstall, but that would mean losing all of your data and documents
http://support.dell.com/support/topics/glo...lang=en&cs=
Mark
Posted Image

#7 frustrated-ah

frustrated-ah

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2009 - 11:13 AM

This is not a problem with windows, I think it is a nasty virus.

I had this problem, and thought my monitor died. But it would flicker and occasionally come on so I realized the monitor was fine. I rebooted and rebooted, and it kept going black until I started it in safemode. When safemode opened, some things popped (which I should have examined closer, but I was frustrated so I closed them figuring they'd pop up again) I did Spybot search and destroy REPEATEDLY and found the following:

-PWS.LDPinchIE
-virtumonde.sdn
-microsoft.windowssecuritycenter.registrytools
-virtumonde.atr
-microsoft.windows.explorer
DNSFlush.cws

I tried researching these for hours, because this bleepty bug has a redirect and I keep getting a survey about a happy cow or something. Anyway, if I click on a link repeatedly holding CTRL one of several windows will be the one I want.

Unfortunately, I'm having a clash with my symantec antivirus--apparently I have a separate issue which I couldn't fix, where it doesn't run in safe mode (http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/102-corporate-not-running-system-scan-safe-mode-using-vista)

I thought I had a victory when my desktop finally loaded in normal startup, but my symantec picked up 4 trojans instantly. I cleared them and tried an update but it failed. I tried running a scan but some other scan had started and I couldn't get it to start.

Eventually, I had to reboot. Now I'm getting this error http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/g...45-a253f30703c5

Here is my hijack this log, and as you can see no one has an answer to this stupid virus.

Please help!

D

EDIT: Removed HJT log link to another site
1. This is the wrong forum to post a HJT log
2. We will not help you with logs that are posted on other websites

Edited by garmanma, 24 April 2009 - 07:50 PM.

#8 dancingcactus27

dancingcactus27

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2009 - 12:46 PM

I have a problem like this... When we turn my mom's Gateway laptop with Vista installed on it, the background is totally black, no icons, no bar at the bottom, and My Documents folder pops up... What's up with this?

#9 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2009 - 07:55 PM

dancingcactus27
Welcome to BC
Please start your own topic with a brief description of your problem
I would suggest you post it in Am I Infected?
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/
Mark
Posted Image

#10 frustrated-ah

frustrated-ah

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2009 - 04:12 PM

Any ideas?

I still cannot use my computer.. I'm just about ready to bring the thing to best buy and have them reboot it, because I've tried everything I can think about. I heard there is a nasty virus going around that can get though even symantec.. My friends recommended malwarebytes antispyware, but that hasn't helped this thing. Nothing has.. Gah

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users