Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

User profile changed somehow

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 emailformypoints

emailformypoints

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 AM

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:51 AM

I went to the Fox website last night to watch an episode of 24 that I missed. The link said I needed to download the latest viewer, which was by Move Media. I clicked Run. After awhile, my computer froze up. I restarted it, and low and behold, my desktop was changed, all my history, cookies, and temp files were gone. My desktop icons were gone. My documents, my pictures, my music...everything was gone. My husband found them on our hard drive luckily and figured out that our user profile was changed somehow. When I turn our laptop on, it says, "Preparing your desktop" and a totally different desktop shows up, with a Windows sidebar thing.

I've tried downloading adaware and the one recommended on here for the conficker, but it gets to the point of saving it, but won't run. My computer just freezes and I have to restart.

I have Windows Vista.

What can I do to fix this?

Thank you,
Natalie

Edited by emailformypoints, 15 April 2009 - 10:09 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users