Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Office Short Cut Icons on XP desktop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lenihankevin

lenihankevin

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 PM

Posted 15 April 2009 - 08:33 AM

It takes about 30-60 to open a excel, word or any office short on my desktop. I have ran avg & mbam on my PC and that did not fix the problem. Also, I have ran a check disk, disk clean up, and a defrag. This still did not take care of the problem. This problem starting happening about two months ago. Before this it never happened. Does any one have any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fardin100

fardin100

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2009 - 08:50 AM

Hi, by 30 or 60 you mean click rights.
There are a couple of thing you can do first
delete the existing shortcuts, then go to start menu, all programs, office, and paste shortcuts one by one

If you still have problem, right click on your desktop, click new click shortcut, click on browser, and go to program files, then microsoft office then office 11, and make a shortcut to i.e. Microsoft word.

Now that the shortcut is made you can customize it and run it, if you have problem, right click on it then click run as and click ok.

Now you also try right clikcing these shortcuts made, click properties, click short cut key near to the bottom, type in h or any other letter
then it will turn into ctrl + alt +h if you press that at the same time it will open the problem.

Other thing you can do is, opening the files from program files, or adding these into the quick launch folder.

#3 fardin100

fardin100

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2009 - 08:53 AM

Or you can click start then run and type these

for word winword
for excel excel
for access msaccess
for powerpoint powerpnt