Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Darn Adds

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mark5919

Mark5919

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 PM

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:05 PM

I was looking for some info on Speaker wiring for a Mecedes 300E and I clicked on a link and Wham! Ever since my system has been going bonkers. When I get home from work my internet browser has 10 or more add websites on it and I didnt even have the internet window open. Every once in a while a movie add will play the soundtrack only and my task bar say there is nothing running. Would be great if someone could analize my Hijackthis Log

Thanks in advance

Mark

Attached File  hijackthis.log   8.64KB   14 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 peku006

peku006

Malware Fighter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 AM

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:27 AM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer

My name is peku006 and I will be helping you to remove any infection(s) that you may have.
I will be giving you a series of instructions that need to be followed in the order in which I give them to you.

Please observe these rules while we work:
  • I f you don't know or understand something please don't hesitate to ask
  • Please DO NOT run any other tools or scans whilst I am helping you.
  • It is important that you reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
  • Your security programs may give warnings for some of the tools I will ask you to use. Be assured, any links I give are safe.
  • Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
There is no sign of an antivirus installed on your system. There are several reasons for it. Either you have disabled your antivirus or there's no antivirus installed.

If you have disabled it, please re-enable it. If you have no antivirus installed, please get ONE antivirus and install it. Restart the computer for changes to take effect.

avast! 4 Home Edition
AntiVir Free Edition

1 - Download and Run ComboFix

Download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

Here you can find a tutorial about Combofix: HOW TO USE COMBOFIX

IMPORTANT: combofix.exe MUST be on your Desktop for us to proceed.

Please continue as follows:
  • Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
  • How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs
  • Double click on ComboFix.exe and follow the prompts.
  • As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
  • Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
NOTE: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Posted Image
  • Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Posted Image
  • Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.
  • Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall.
Combofix should never take more that 20 minutes including the reboot if malware is detected.

2 - Run Hijackthis
Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad

3 - Status Check
Please reply with

1. the ComboFix log(C:\ComboFix.txt)
2. a fresh HijackThis log

Thanks peku006
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users