Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cannot properly connect to internet

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RapboY

RapboY

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 PM

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:20 PM

first off, let me say that our dsl does have a problem, and i've already called the isp provider to fix it.. so anyway about the problem.. i have had this problem for 2 days now.. it's just weird that's why i'm asking here.. when i check my connection, it says "local and internet".. but then i cant access the internet.. and the weird thing is that utorrent is still downloading files, at around my normal download speed (around 150-200kbps).. so deos anyone know a probable cause for this? is there anything i can do to fix this? thank you so much!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 o_rly

o_rly

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:13 PM

Your browser might have a connection problem. Go to your "Connections" settings and make sure your proxy settings are right.
Don't mind me, I'm just lurking.

#3 RapboY

RapboY
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 PM

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:15 PM

nope not my browser.. i regularly use firefox, but i also tried on chrome and safari.. both also didnt work.. it was just really weird.. there is a connection, but i cant browse.. right now i'm pretty sure it has something to do with our router.. is that possible? that the router's blocking me from accessing the internet or something like that?

#4 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 17 April 2009 - 07:38 AM

If you are still downloading via Utorrent, it may be using the majority of your connection. Try pausing the download and then opening Firefox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users